Over 50 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:caravan, Motorbike, Fishing
  • Towcar:Vito Sport
  • Caravan:Elddis 840

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:42 am

Glad Im on the right track. Normally I would prefer to think that nothing will go wrong and IF it does then my consumer rights will be enough to sort it. But it sounds like this is only the case if you are happy to fight alone. 

I am experiencing this with my home right now, I have no mortgage and unfortunately I have a subsidence problem, I put in a claim on my Insurance and the first question was "who is your lender" this tells me they are more frightened about them than me. Its not going smoothly and I can see a battle looming.  

#122 Babstreefern

Babstreefern

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, gardening and reading
  • Towcar:Peugeot 508
  • Caravan:Xplore 504

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:38 pm

Have noticed that Black Horse are the only finance operators when dealing with the caravan dealers themselves.  Always best to shop around first before looking at caravans.  If, at dealers, they come and advise you on finance, let them know that you have got yours in hand and see if they can come up with something better.  At the moment, its a buyers market.  You never know.  It sometimes pays to haggle ;)

#123 Babstreefern

Babstreefern

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, gardening and reading
  • Towcar:Peugeot 508
  • Caravan:Xplore 504

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:50 am

JanandJay, on 28 Apr 2013 - 4:07 PM, said:

We tweaked our mortgage to buy ours. Far lower inerest rate and we just put in a bit extra to keep on top of it.. . Saved us a hell of a lot.. .

Trouble with re-mortgaging your property to buy an item, is when you come to sell your car/caravan, or whatever, is that you are still paying for it 30 years later :o, or whatever the length of your mortgage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users