Goodalls Caravans Huddersfield

Kilian22

Hi All,

Has anybody got any experience with these guys.

I am very close to buying a van off them and I am impressed with the service so far but just wanted to double check and I trust the wise people on here.

Cheers

Kilian

I thought they went bust several years ago, and Lowdham bought their place in Huddersfield. Have they started up again?

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

http://www. goodallscaravans. com/about. html

are you sure?

I thought they went bust several years ago, and Lowdham bought their place in Huddersfield. Have they started up again?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

This firm is just around the corner from me and I know them fairly well. They have a very good reputation for customer service and their sales policy is to allow the customer to browse unhurried and without hassle which is very much appreciated by most. If I was in the market for a good quality used caravan I would not hesitate to use them.

Hope this helps.

I forgot to mention that I know a couple of people who have bought caravans from them and have nothing but praise for the whole process.

Volvo XC70 followed by a 2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

The original Mr Goodall died and the family sold the business to Lowdham. The sons then started up a quality used caravan business at the site near Shepley, Huddersfield. They did have a second site at Bradford for a time but this did not work out so they have concentrated their efforts on the Shepley site.

I and others I know used to deal with Goodalls, now Lowdham for many years and all the Goodall family were a pleasure to deal with.

Goodalls at Shepley is run by Julian Goodall and we became friends over the years and I believe he has a good reputation in the caravan business.

i use tourerworld in brighouse - the owner is one of the goodalls - very nice, and great service

I also deal with Tourerworld at Brighouse and as you are local and if good, honest and reliable service are important to you I would certainly recommend you visit them before you buy anything, the service and advice from Paul and his team is absolutely first class. When I bought my caravan I was told to call if I had any questions, I have done several times over the past couple of years and I have always been given good advice, also any faults I have had with the van have been fixed without question.

I haven't had any dealings with Goodalls though so I can't comment.

The original Mr Goodall died and the family sold the business to Lowdham. The sons then started up a quality used caravan business at the site near Shepley, Huddersfield. They did have a second site at Bradford for a time but this did not work out so they have concentrated their efforts on the Shepley site.

The original Mr and Mrs Goodall seniors are alive and well, two of the nicest people ever to have been part of the caravan industry.

I have a friend who bought a second hand Hymer 540 from Tourer World Brighouse (Paul Goodall) and he got a brilliant deal, minor problems sorted in no time. I have no time for Lowdhams at Huddersfield near Standard fireworks any more. I do believe the Goodalls as a family to be true caravanners with an interest in their clients. .........Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

The original Mr and Mrs Goodall seniors are alive and well, two of the nicest people ever to have been part of the caravan industry.

True, really good honest people who also used to do a lot for charity.

Yep the original Goodalls Caravans Ltd went bust in quite spectacular style in the mid 90`s.

At one time they had premises near York and in Sheffield, and in their last three years of trading had a combined turnover of £70 million, yet posted a loss of half a million quid over the same period.

Never bought a van off them as the staff they employed at Huddersfield were really false and not in any way genuine.

I do know that there was quite a bit of resentment in the Yorkshire area that they went pop and left a load of creditors out of money, and seemed to re-appear almost immediately, although Goodalls (Huddersfield) Ltd had been established years earlier (1987) and was an easy - if not a particularly ethical- way of continuing to sell caravans without having to take responsibilty for the debts incurred by Goodall Caravans Ltd

Nice people? Not if you lost out or lost your livelihood as a result.

Hey All,

Thanks for all the replys! It is the Orgional Mr Goodalls son's who run Goodalls Caravans and they seem really nice. They are very open and honest and come across as caravanners at heart.

Got a decent enough feeling and the correct documentation and warrantys are in place so purchased the van!

Very excited and should be picking it up in 2 - 3 weeks time.

Cheers

Kilian

Sorry I must have been fed some duff info about the history of Goodalls however, I have a number of colleagues who have used them and been delighted with the service they received.

• 4 months later...

Just had a successful claim with the financial ombudsman/barclays bank, Goodalls sold us a soggy caravan which they documented as having passed a damp check, caravan was completely rotten, goodalls wouldnt give a refund although they were legally obliged to, so before i took it to court i went through the "free" channels first,with all documented evidence supplied and a few conflicting versions of the same story from goodalls, surprise surprise both the financial ombudsman AND barclays agreed that the caravan was mis-sold and that goodalls had breached the contract and supplied goods that were not fit for purpose. would wholeheartedly agree with Angus's comments above, the staff i dealt with were very shifty economical with facts and behaved like back street used car dealers!

Not slander. ....FACT!

Never again!

• 1 year later...

They have been absolutely brilliant with us. I cannot fault the service one bit. I get a little stressed over buying cars etc but they have not only made my experience stress free but ive enjoyed it. Would definitely use them again.

• 1 year later...