• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jasman62

jasman62

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:03 AM

Since purchasing the van from new i have had to get the the following points fixed,

1.Toilet pump replaced after flooding toilet floor on first day of use.
2.Sealant around shower tray replaced came away.
3. Mastic along whole length of van both sides came off, replaced
4. Front offside window leaked.removed, checked and resealed
5. A few weeks later front nearside leaked, checked, replaced and resealed.
6.Hose came off water tank flooded floor.
7. Rear Heiki roof skylight leaked, inside ceiling soaked, mattress soaked been told will now have to go back to Coachman for repair.

Been advise that the mastic used in 2010 models was faulty and this was what caused all the sealant faults.Coachman were aware of this but chose not to recall the vans as this would be to expensive and chose to deal with each van individually as a problem arose.I have been in touch with Coachman but as per some of previous topics i have heard nothing back for Mr Baxter.

#2 kiaboy

kiaboy

Enjoying life in the slower "retired" lane

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Pity you are so far north, Or I would have suggested taking it to Coachman yourself, that way you would have been able to meet Trevor Baxter and have him rectify any other minor problems, I did.
I returned my van in August this year for factory repair work and have met him 3 times, my wife and I also had a factory tour led by Trevor, which was really interesting. I have not heard of any sealant problems only a window stacking problem, which caused the problems with the windows leaking, they do not know how many vans have been effected, so they are relying on it being picked up at the first/second service. I have all my windows taken out including door and resealed, the longitudinal side wall seal joint is cosmetic, but they still replaced the this as it too came away, it was down to the fitter applying the sealent before the pre-clean solution had dried, hence not a faulty sealant problem.

I am very supprised Trevor has ignored you, he is not like that. How have you contacted him?
You could also try to contact Vince Saward

#3 Fab

Fab

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

We recently traded in our 2010 Pastiche 560/4, we used it for the best part of 200 nights with no issues whatsoever. My parents are about to trade in their 2010 VIP 545/4 ... it has been used more than ours was and again no issues.

Maybe we were lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users