#1 Big Tim

Big Tim

Five Star

• CT Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Interests:Church, Caravanning, Photography, Classical Music

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

Cary and I went to the liquidation sale at Discover Chorley yesterday. When we arrived at 8.45am there was already a queue and lots of cars in the carpark. We were fortunate to get in with the first tranch of customers at 9.00am as after that they let in a few folk at a time to replace others leaving.

It was not the best organised event as the fact that there were only 2 tills and it was cash only meant that before long the queue was snaking around the shop. Both staff and customers were, however, very cheerful with customers exchanging tips and chatting in the queues.

We had gone prepared with cash to spend and spent £250 which got us £500 worth of goods (some folk were sending out their family members to get them more cash from local cash machines)

Among my best half price bargains were:

Aquaroll £22
Dimatic tap £30. This tap in our 'van has just broken. (Bailey Spares wanted £72+ for a replacement!)
Milenco security handle & door frame fitting £44
(This won't fit our 'van although prior research had indicated it would :angry: - I feel an ebay moment coming on)
Locking wheel nuts £8
Blue Diamond rock pegs in cases £6
Froli ramp with chocks £10
Milenco Cargo bars £9
Whale smartflo pump £50 (I recently thought I'd have to replace this and was quoted £116)

We had to queue for about an hour to pay but as the queue snaked around the store it was possible to get find more bargains on the way to the till! We finally left the store at c11.30am when there still a long queue outside.

About 6 years ago I was forced to resign from my job as a Deputy Headteacher following stress related illness and since that time I have made a reasonable living as a supply teacher. However supply work has declined year on year with only 5 days this year since September. On reflectionI decided to take advantage of the Discover sales as an opportunity to make some much-needed income and today we returned to Discover Chorley again and bought up some items to sell on ebay.

I was leading the Remembrance Service at our Church and so it was c2.00pm before we got to back to Discover Chorley. There were no queues at that time although the shop was quite busy. There were still quite a lot left and so we were able to buy quite a lot of "stock" consisting of more expensive items.

If anyone is thinking of popping into Chorley, the sale lasts all week, there was still quite a lot of stock,eg, hitch locks when we left this afternoon including Whale taps and fittings, solar panels, satellite dishes, crockery, 'van light clusters, gas and electric fittings and lots of small packs of accessories. If anyone is looking for a particular item let me know what you're looking for and I'll tell you if I saw any when we were there this afternoon.

In addition if you are looking for any specific item you can ask me if I have it "in stock" before I put it on ebay. It won't be HALF price but it will cheaper than you could get it anywhere else!!! LOL ;)

Tim

#2 MalH

MalH

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, football, Gilbert & Sullivan, all things Aussie

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Went to Delamere today. Not much left and what there was didn't seem to be discounted. Why pay full price in cash when you've got no comeback?

#3 Big Tim

Big Tim

Five Star

• CT Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Went to Delamere today. Not much left and what there was didn't seem to be discounted. Why pay full price in cash when you've got no comeback?

At Discover Chorley the marked price was halved at the till.

Half price seemed good to me although I was choosey about what I bought!!

Tim

#4 Big Tim

Big Tim

Five Star

• CT Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:29 AM

What sort of things were left at Delamere Mal?

I had thought of popping down to have a look there too as we are located roughly half way between there and Chorley Discover.

Tim

#5 MalH

MalH

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

Mostly spares, electrical bits and bobs and so on. Most shelves were empty. Maybe there was a discount at the till but it wasn't apparent.

#6 Watson(JohnG)

Watson(JohnG)

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

Did they have any Fiamma Caravanstore left did you notice
A shorter one than our 3.6 would get round the Swift LED over the door awning light :wacko:
We thought of going today but you could save us a journey and some diesel!

#7 MalH

MalH

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:23 AM

No, just a couple of tents. All the awnings had been sold and awaiting collection.

#8 Watson(JohnG)

Watson(JohnG)

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:25 AM

Thanks -much appreciated
Looks like its Crewe shops then :unsure:

#9 The Ridge Rider

The Ridge Rider

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

On reflectionI decided to take advantage of the Discover sales as an opportunity to make some much-needed income and today we returned to Discover Chorley again and bought up some items to sell on ebay.

In addition if you are looking for any specific item you can ask me if I have it "in stock"; before I put it on ebay. It won't be HALF price but it will cheaper than you could get it anywhere else!!! LOL ;)

Tim

I take it you will be declaring your income to HMRC.

#10 Big Tim

Big Tim

Five Star

• CT Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

I take it you will be declaring your income to HMRC.

Yes, but my income has been so low this year I doubt that I'll go above my tax allowance!!!

Tim

#11 pigsfly

pigsfly

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Tim far be it for me to lead you down the wrong path but could you not claim it was an honest mistake. After all it's good enough for that bunch of pox doctors in westminster :lol: :lol:
kot
pigs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users