7 replies to this topic

#1 persian1

persian1

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:caravaning.travel

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

hi im new to this forum , has anyone got a idm2 fitted ,mine does not have the pir anywhere as far as i can see ,and it lights up to touch so battery working alarm works but i am not able to reset code,its all wired up ok, anybody familiar wit these thanks

#2 Jaydug

Jaydug

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Mine is an IDM3 but it seems it's very similar to the 2 model. Usually the PIR is fitted centrally over the front window so that it takes in a length view of the caravan. If you can't find it, look at the control box. On one side there are two multiplugs. A long one with numerous fine wires leading in. The other, to the left is much shorter with only 3 (?) wires. That is the PIR connector. Follow the cable - the PIR is on the other end of it.

Unfortunately to change the personal code, you first need to key in the old one. Not much help if you've forgotten it. On the later IDM models it's possible to reset to factory settings.by pressing the F key and holding it until 5 beeps are heard. That may work on the earlier models too.

#3 persian1

persian1

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

thanks john i can do that on my reset using the f key but i get ibeep followed by 7 beeps

#4 Jaydug

Jaydug

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

That may have put in back to factory settings. The code when it left the factory was 1234. Try that - then change it to your own number.

#5 IanW

IanW

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Food, Gardening, Classic Cars, Caravanning

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

If I remember correctly, you can reset the IDM3 to factory code by powering it down - disconnecting the 12v supply to it and the backup battery, then power up again - that resets the code back to 1234, you can then change it, instructions for doing it are in the instruction leaflet (which is available as a pdf, I googled it to get mine as the van didn't have the instructions with it when I bought it!!) The IDM 3 panel is the same as the IDM 2 - in fact the circuit board has IDM2 printed on it (wHich I found out when I had to sort out a dodgy connection in the panel!!)

#6 persian1

persian1

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

thanks ,if i dont connect my battery i dont get any lights or sound is there any way to know if it has accepted my code or set the siren off, if i reconnect and try clearing it back to manafacturers settings i press the f button but get one short buzz followed by 7 or8i then try the changing personal code by pressing f1 enter my code press f again,all touchpads respond except the final f so im assuming its not accepting my code

Edited by persian1, 09 October 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#7 IanW

IanW

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Food, Gardening, Classic Cars, Caravanning

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Sounds like the internal battery is dead - you should get lights and beeps. They're fairly easy to replace and get hld of ( I got mine from toolstation, it's a sealed lead acid battery, same as you get in household burglar alarms although a bit smaller). I think the IDM2 involves drilling out some rivets on the control box - the IDM3 has screws). I've (hopefully) attached the pdf instructions for the IDM3 which might give a few clues - there's a test option for the siren

Attached Files

#8 chrisn7

chrisn7

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Yes you will need to drill out the rivets, but this is quite strightforward, as is the battery replacement. The battery life is about 5-7 years. You can tell when its on the way out: charge it up for at least 24 hours / disconnect charger and leave for at least 15 minutes / press F and 4. The number of beeps indicates the number of months battery life left, the maximum being 8. So if you get less than this, be prepared to change it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alarms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users