No replies to this topic

#1 Barbo

Barbo

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:caravans and motorhomes, computers

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:51 PM

my carver water heater started leaking from the outside on my 1995 bessacarr wentworth, after removing the four screws from the outer cowling you can then pull it away to reveal the pressure relief valve {top left corner} when i tried to unscrew it the top part came away but left the broken plastic thread inside the metal threaded hole and it was seized. apparently this is a common problem according to my local caravan dealer and he said hammer a flat head screwdriver into it and try and turn it but that didn`t work, so here is how i removed the broken plastic thread with ease: firstly i heated up a standard soldering iron and using the iron i melted two grooves into the plastic so i was cutting it in half , using a small flat head screwdriver i prised one half out enough to grab it with thin nosed pliers and twisted the half out i then repeated the action on the other half,i cleaned the metal thread with a childs size toothbrush and screwed the new pressure relief valve in using a socket as using a spanner is quite tricky and thats it job done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users