6 replies to this topic

#1 errol

errol

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Reading and camping

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

Purchased a new Swift Challenger 580 in March 2010, and have had a terrible year with problems. At the moment we have no brake lights,againso we have to stay at home. Does anyone else have problems with their caravan. I have talked to someone at Swift and they don't want to know. What do i do or where do i go. The dealer is too busy to deal with my problem. Had a full service, took van out, lights were fine, hooked up to come home, no lights, so is this going to happen everytime i take the van out. Its very frustrating.

#2 Thingy

Thingy

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Appreciated this is probably a warranty problem, but first things first, have you checked both the cars electrics and the caravan plug?

#3 errol

errol

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Reading and camping

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Appreciated this is probably a warranty problem, but first things first, have you checked both the cars electrics and the caravan plug?

Yes. Fault in the box at front under seat.

#4 Thingy

Thingy

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

I have just had a very disappointing experience with my own dealer, and to get mine sorted out, I simply went to another Swift agent, sorted in no time. Can you not take it somewhere else.

#5 DerbyTopaz

DerbyTopaz

Three Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

At the time when Swift were taking an active part in this forum, I found I had lost my lights the night before we were due to go on holiday. Ash or Andy from Swift and several members on here went through various checks which was traced to a fuse in the car not the van. It has happened once more since then but not for a couple of years now - however I still keep a full set of spare car fuses just in case. I found the service from Swift to be first class - bear in mind that they were replying on here on a Saturday night from home when other manufacturers and dealers had closed down for the weekend. Are you aware that Swift now have their own forum - SwiftTalk - and you might get a better response there.

Good luck

Mike

#6 TonyG

TonyG

Three Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

At the time when Swift were taking an active part in this forum, I found I had lost my lights the night before we were due to go on holiday. Ash or Andy from Swift and several members on here went through various checks which was traced to a fuse in the car not the van. It has happened once more since then but not for a couple of years now - however I still keep a full set of spare car fuses just in case. I found the service from Swift to be first class - bear in mind that they were replying on here on a Saturday night from home when other manufacturers and dealers had closed down for the weekend. Are you aware that Swift now have their own forum - SwiftTalk - and you might get a better response there.

Good luck

Mike

My sentiments entirely Mike.. i have found both Andy and Ash (who manage swift Talk) to be excellent at going the extra mile to help, regardless if it is evenings or weekends...Errol post your issue onto Swift talk and i will guarantee you will have a response from someone at swift within two hours

#7 ExTenter

ExTenter

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

I have talked to someone at Swift and they don't want to know.

The dealer is too busy to deal with my problem.

Errol post your issue onto Swift talk and i will guarantee you will have a response from someone at swift within two hours

Got a solution yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users