• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Hi

Try here:-

http://www.campervan...tor-p-1204.html

Is this what you need?

I've used this company before, they are usually quite cheap, although you may get a better deal elsewhere if you shop around.

#3 asklowey

asklowey

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning & Gadgets

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

Do you mean this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item415b605c59

#4 beejay

beejay

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

can anybody please advise where we could purchase this adapter. thanks

Spend the money converting the caravan to 13 pin. ;)

Edited by beejay, 10 July 2011 - 11:34 AM.

#5 scott b

scott b

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:karting, cycling, cars

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

ebay is your best place to get the 13pin - 2 7 pin adapter

Edited by scott b, 12 July 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#6 paulthomas

paulthomas

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Calligraphy,walking.
  • Towcar:2013 VW Touareg V6 TDI. SE
  • Caravan:2011 Sterling Elite Amber

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

We have one.It's OK but we have to use a bungee chord to secure the extra length of wire-otherwise it would trail on the road.
Having our 12N and 12S sockets changed to a 13 pin tomorrow.40 to be charged by a mobile fitter.Well worth it in my view as the adapter can only really be a temporary fix and I worried about it trailing.

#7 mauclive

mauclive

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:caravaning

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

We have one.It's OK but we have to use a bungee chord to secure the extra length of wire-otherwise it would trail on the road.
Having our 12N and 12S sockets changed to a 13 pin tomorrow.40 to be charged by a mobile fitter.Well worth it in my view as the adapter can only really be a temporary fix and I worried about it trailing.

thanks . what did you tie your bungee cord to. we have alko stabalizer fitted.

#8 HenryB

HenryB

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Towcar:Kia Sorento 58 Auto XS
  • Caravan:Bailey Pegasus 524

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

When we purchased our latest van 18 months ago that has a13 pin plug I purchased the 13 pin to 2 socket adapter from our dealer. He demonstrated how to use the lead without bunges or lead trailing on the ground. The leads from the adapter plug are around 9 inches in length with the 2 plugs on one end and the 13 pin socket on the other. The longest lead in the set up is the 13 pin lead. I was told to connect the adaptor and then wrap the 13 pin lead around the bellows on the tow hitch. On my van this takes 2 revolutions and leaves the adaptor hanging down a short distance, well clear of the ground, before the plugs attach to the 12n & s sockets. The 13 pin lead wrapped around the bellows does not foul them or the Alko handle. We use our van for 3 months every year with many different trips and this arrangement has proved very successful. I can't at present consider changing to a 13 pin system as I tow many other trailers using the old system.

Henry B

#9 Guest_baccy_*

Guest_baccy_*

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

thanks . what did you tie your bungee cord to. we have alko stabalizer fitted.

Hi I use a couple of cable ties (releasable ones) to tie the leads of the two van leads to the top of the Alko stabiliser handle, this seems to work well so far--including a few hundred miles in France earlier this year.;)

#10 Guest_baccy_*

Guest_baccy_*

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

When we purchased our latest van 18 months ago that has a13 pin plug I purchased the 13 pin to 2 socket adapter from our dealer. He demonstrated how to use the lead without bunges or lead trailing on the ground. The leads from the adapter plug are around 9 inches in length with the 2 plugs on one end and the 13 pin socket on the other. The longest lead in the set up is the 13 pin lead. I was told to connect the adaptor and then wrap the 13 pin lead around the bellows on the tow hitch. On my van this takes 2 revolutions and leaves the adaptor hanging down a short distance, well clear of the ground, before the plugs attach to the 12n & s sockets. The 13 pin lead wrapped around the bellows does not foul them or the Alko handle. We use our van for 3 months every year with many different trips and this arrangement has proved very successful. I can't at present consider changing to a 13 pin system as I tow many other trailers using the old system.

Henry B

Have you considered buying a http://www.towsure.c...in_Plug_Adaptor and changing the car to 13 pin?This will let you use the van without the extra lead and still use the other trailers with this plug/socket adapter.
Regards
Baccy

#11 scott b

scott b

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:karting, cycling, cars

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

^^^^^

thats what i use on my van, have a 13 pin plug, but have to tow 12n fitted trailers aswell, works spot on

#12 Grandpa Steve

Grandpa Steve

SteveB

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts
  • Interests:Caravaning of course
  • Towcar:Lexus RX450 SE-I H
  • Caravan:2008 Swift Conqueror 540

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

The 13 pin lead wrapped around the bellows does not foul them or the Alko handle.

Henry B

Wrapping the cable around the bellows could cause it to become trapped when the over run device actuates.

Prior to converting the caravan to 13 pin I wrapped my adaptor cable around the jockey wheel stem.

GPS

#13 paulthomas

paulthomas

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Calligraphy,walking.
  • Towcar:2013 VW Touareg V6 TDI. SE
  • Caravan:2011 Sterling Elite Amber

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:22 AM

We have one which is no longer in use as we have changed our towcar to 13 pin.
It is no use to us now-used twice.PM me if you are interested in buying it;I'm sure we can agree a price plus postage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users