hi guys how much is it to renew the tracker subscription on the bailey unicorn

#2 john35

john35

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Have a look at this thread.... http://www.caravanta...__1#entry514414 Really depends if you want your stolen caravan back and/or if you insurance company will increase premiums if not working.

89 one year
199 for lifetime of your ownership

#3 ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea, Impreza's, Koi, Golf
  • Towcar:Kia Sorento XS Auto
  • Caravan:Bailey Senator Indiana

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Yes 89, up from 39 last year :blink: !I'm not renewing, as the difference to insure the van without is between 15-25% so no where near 89

#4 ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

......in fact just renewed it, came in at 64p a month extra! B)

#5 greg304

greg304

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:bikes,boats and rugby

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

......in fact just renewed it, came in at 64p a month extra! B)

so your saying it cost 7.68 a year to renew! clarify please!:huh:

#6 ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

so your saying it cost 7.68 a year to renew! clarify please!:huh:

What do you want to know?
My renewal with a tracker came in at 22.85 x 11 months, got a quote from another company without the tracker, went back to my original insurer and with exactly the same cover they got it down to 23.49 x 11 months

#7 JanandTony

JanandTony

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

I have just got my Tracker renewal - £89 for a year. Not willing to pay that.
I have spoken to my insurer about effect on insurance if I do not renew Tracker. Advised that if I have a caravan tilt alarm or corner steady alarm they would offset the increase in premium for removing Tracker.

The question is - does anyone know the details of the alarm fitted to Mark 1 Pegasus - delivered December 2009 ? I know it has a PIR sensor, but is it also activated by either tilt or corner steadies ? The caravan is in storage so I'm trying to avoid a trip to check for myself.

#8 david 1220

david 1220

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • Interests:If Cliff Richards can convert one----------

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hi,
Do you have the owners books /folder to hand ? if so can you not find out the make/model of alarm fitted and ether contact makers or google them ?
david 1220

#9 Thombo

Thombo

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

When you set the alarm on the Pegasus MK 1 it sets the tracker as well. If the caravan is stolen or moved with tracker set the company are advised and you are contacted to confirm whether or not the van is being moved when it shouldn't be. I know this works as my Pegasus MK 1 is in for repair and dealer moved it from one location to another with tracker on and I was informed on my contact telephone number. I also know from experience if I move of with the alarm set then after a short time the klaxon is sounding as I drive along, Suspect this is set of by movement of curtains or the like. As far as I know ther is nothing on the corner steadies or a tilt alarm.

Edited by Thombo, 24 November 2011 - 10:15 PM.

#10 Glen and Les

Glen and Les

Enjoying Early Retirement!

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Walking, Wildlife

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

We have a 2011 series 1 Pegasus and as far as I know there's no tilt sensor - just a PIR and the tracker, but this must be triggered by movement somehow, although the manual doesn't say what! Just says "the siren will be triggered if the caravan is towed, moved or lifted onto the back of a trailer". There MUST be a movement sensor/tilt sensor somewhere and I would happily declare that my van has a "tilt" sensor, in view of the quote.

Edited by Glen and Les, 24 November 2011 - 10:21 PM.

#11 JanandTony

JanandTony

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

I've just found this information in the CaravanTracker pdf document on the Tracker web site.

TRACKER Caravan is a dual security device
combining alarm protection and stolen
caravan recovery.
As a standard feature, the alarm system detects
external caravan movement. Movement inside
the caravan can be detected by a passive infrared
sensor (PIR) if fitted. TRACKER Caravan is activated
by external caravan movement (such as lifting and
towing) over a longer period of time, not via the
alarm’s movement sensor or by the detection of
internal movement by the PIR.
An audible alarm will be triggered if the
caravan is towed, moved or lifted onto the
back of a trailer. The alarm will sound for five
minutes unless stopped by the user.

So I think I have the answer. Please could someone from Bailey confirm that the Alarm features continue to operate if I cancel the Tracker subscription.

Edited by JanandTony, 24 November 2011 - 10:39 PM.

#12 Nidge4

Nidge4

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Golf, MUFC, Walking

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

Sent my info off 3 weeks ago for my new Unicorn Madrid not heard a peep from them, on my last van Lunar Clubman Phantom tested the system has soon has l got home, will have to give them a ring. You have to remember that even though you get your van back you have to weigh up the benefit between the damage and scumbags being caught, l personally want the scumbags caught and if it costs me that much extra so be it.

Edited by Nidge4, 25 November 2011 - 07:22 AM.

#13 Surf01

Surf01

Five Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Sent my info off 3 weeks ago for my new Unicorn Madrid not heard a peep from them, on my last van Lunar Clubman Phantom tested the system has soon has l got home, will have to give them a ring. You have to remember that even though you get your van back you have to weigh up the benefit between the damage and scumbags being caught, l personally want the scumbags caught and if it costs me that much extra so be it.

The idea of the Tracker is to catch them in transit with the caravan and not after it has been used. We would like to get our contents back except clothes if we had a caravan stolen with no tracker.

#14 matelodave

matelodave

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,773 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, walking, caravanning, reading & drinking beer

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

You would have thought that with the number of vans being fitted with the tracker system, the cost would be more reasonable. £20-£35 off your insurance premium doesn't really equate with a couple of hundred quid to install a system and then another £75-100 a year to use it. Likewise over £200 for an ALKO wheelock for £20 off the insurance, thats a 10 year payback

by the way Nigel, I've got my registration back from Tracker within a week, so give them a good prod. (dunno if it works or not though, theres no way of testing it without setting the alarm and driving round the block to see what happens)

Edited by matelodave, 25 November 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#15 Surf01

Surf01

Five Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:13 AM

Problem is lack of competition as a lot of caravans come standard with a one brand of Tracker already fitted so you have no choice. IMHO you should be given the choice of which Tracker you want fitted. At the moment it seems that most caravans are locked into the Phantom brand and subscriptions are expensive!

#16 Nidge4

Nidge4

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Golf, MUFC, Walking

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

MatelowDave rang tracker told me my confirmation was sent 7th of November could take 10 to 14days, should have it back some time now, aked was it coming by pigeon post, no he replied Royal mail, ha! thats why its taking 10 14 days, think tracker spinning me ayarn will ring them again if l don't here from them by next week.
nigel

#17 lohr500

lohr500

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

I got fed up with the HAL tracker that came as standard fit with our Ace Supreme.

Firstly I think it had been wired in wrong and was only getting a 12v external feed from the battery when the panel was switched on above the door. Not a major problem because we have mains hook up when stored, but if we hadn't I guess leaving the control panel on would have flattened the battery quicker.

Secondly, every time the temperature got below around -6 deg (which it did do quite often in the 20099/2010 winters) the device would start sending out dozens of low external battery warning messages, even though the battery when checked with a multimeter was at 13v+. Had to leave the Alde on at low setting several times to stop this :angry:

Thirdly, the subscription cost did not offset the insurance discount, although many insurers would not quote for twin axle insurance without a tracker.

I suspect the caravan manufacturers will get a really good deal on the tracker and 1st year subscription as the device manufacturers will be pretty sure of getting a tidy income stream from subsequent renewals.

We have now sold the caravan with the tracker and I won't be spending a penny installing one in the new caravan.
IMHO more hassle/cost than they are worth.
And being selfish, if someone does steal the caravan, I am not so sure I would want it recovering anyway.

#18 wiz2003

wiz2003

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Technology, real ale, red wine, music and caravanning
  • Towcar:Honda CRV III EX 2.2CTDI
  • Caravan:Bailey Unicorn Valencia v1

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Just paid the 199 for life.
We considered it good value....

#19 Surf01

Surf01

Five Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Just paid the £199 for life.
We considered it good value....

We are stuck with Phantom and they don't have that option! Very uncompetitive. I wonder if I should start using the wooden spoon! LOL!

#20 Gaz40

Gaz40

Self Terminating Poster

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

I have just got my Tracker renewal - £89 for a year. Not willing to pay that.
I have spoken to my insurer about effect on insurance if I do not renew Tracker. Advised that if I have a caravan tilt alarm or corner steady alarm they would offset the increase in premium for removing Tracker.

The question is - does anyone know the details of the alarm fitted to Mark 1 Pegasus - delivered December 2009 ? I know it has a PIR sensor, but is it also activated by either tilt or corner steadies ? The caravan is in storage so I'm trying to avoid a trip to check for myself.

I contacted Bailey a while back about this question. " Bailey caravans fitted with Tracker DO NOT have a Tilt Sensor or Corner Steady Sensors fitted to activate the alarm". You do have interior protection with the PIR and Tracker monitoring movement and location of the caravan if moved, whilst the alarm is activated.

If we had a Tilt Sensor fitted we could have received a further discount from our insurer at the time of taking out our cover, but the funny thing is, you would have thought having a Tracker that allegedly is activated from a movement sensor would be have been as good.

Edited by Gaz40, 27 November 2011 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users