#21 kiaboy

kiaboy

Enjoying life in the slower "retired" lane

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hi John,
I took the matter into my own hands as I wanted a result, so I got in touch directly with Sargent, to my suprise they were very proffessional and were really concerned, if you want a result and you are happy to do it, I would suggest you contact them direct (see post #7 for contact details) they may ask if you are prepared to do certain things, they did carry out tests on the bench to try and re-create my fault, it wasn't until they sent me a replacement to fit, and I had returned the unit that they were able to find the root cause to the fault.
Regards
Paul

New van Swift Elite Amber 3 weks old. Stinger alarm worked for two weeks, then van static with external power on (leisure battery charged) alarm goes off after about 1 minute. Indications low battery (4 beeps). Advised by Sargent it would need to go back to supplier;

Towed 80 miles back to supplier "Stowmarket caravans' after two days in the workshop trouble shooting continues apparently.

Does anyone else share my view that since this is a brand new unit, a complete new unit should be supplied and installed, and trouble shooting should be done on their bench to find out the fundamental problem.

I understand there are similar complaints which leads me to think that Swift should maybe fit an alarm which stands a reasonable chance of working, and that all three of them Swift, Sargent, and the caravan suppliers should attempt to get customers back on the road, or am I being excessive.

John Turner
new member and normally happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users