#1 kaz46

kaz46

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning-Computers-Fishing

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:32 PM

Has anyone bought a new awning for their Pegasus if so which make.
The awning we are using has been great but have had to have it altered and it doesn't quite fit properly so might get a new one but I need to be able to attach an anex to it so any advice recommendations would be great thanks

#2 jonbev

jonbev

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Interests:photography,planes,mx-5s,travel
  • Towcar:57 Mondeo titanium x tdci (sport pack)
  • Caravan:03 Coachman pastiche 460/2

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

we have an apache windsor porch that fits a treat , doesnt foul the windows and i understand they have an annexe to fit as well.Might not be the sort of thing you are looking for but works great for us.

#3 kaz46

kaz46

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

we have an apache windsor porch that fits a treat , doesnt foul the windows and i understand they have an annexe to fit as well.Might not be the sort of thing you are looking for but works great for us.

Thanks for this glad your happy with your set-up but I'm wanting a full Awning

#4 kaz46

kaz46

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for this glad your happy with your set-up but I'm wanting a full Awning

#5 olivertwist

olivertwist

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

The awning we are using has been great but have had to have it altered and it doesn't quite fit properly so might get a new one but I need to be able to attach an anex to it so any advice recommendations would be great thanks

Hi there

I have a pegesus 524, I think the same size as 534.

After much searching around for an awning I looked at the Dorema web site and noticed they were selling awnings at a discount. It appears from what they said they had made an order for europe which was cancelled, these awnings are not available from dealers.

I took the plunge and bought one with an annex, I have to say for £486.00 delivered + £177.00 for the annex they are an absolute bargain and it looks and fits perfect on my Peg.

Grab a bargain while they still have stock.

Hope this helps

Eddie

Edited by olivertwist, 07 September 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#6 kaz46

kaz46

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hi there

I have a pegesus 524, I think the same size as 534.

After much searching around for an awning I looked at the Dorema web site and noticed they were selling awnings at a discount. It appears from what they said they had made an order for europe which was cancelled, these awnings are not available from dealers.

I took the plunge and bought one with an annex, I have to say for £486.00 delivered + £177.00 for the annex they are an absolute bargain and it looks and fits perfect on my Peg.

Grab a bargain while they still have stock.

Hope this helps

Eddie

Great Eddie just what I'm looking for do you have a name & size for this awning please

Edited by kaz46, 07 September 2010 - 02:36 PM.

#7 olivertwist

olivertwist

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

Great Eddie just what I'm looking for do you have a name & size for this awning please

Hi

The awning is a Montana Super Lux Bordeaux 16

Annex tall Mont Super Lux

Log on to Google and find the Dorema site and hit the clearance button, it should take you to the page you need, ring the factory in West Yorks and job done. I also purchased extra strong poles for seasonal for and additional 35.00, well worth it if you intend leaving the awning up for some time.

Good luck

Eddie

#8 kaz46

kaz46

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hi

The awning is a Montana Super Lux Bordeaux 16

Annex tall Mont Super Lux

Log on to Google and find the Dorema site and hit the clearance button, it should take you to the page you need, ring the factory in West Yorks and job done. I also purchased extra strong poles for seasonal for and additional 35.00, well worth it if you intend leaving the awning up for some time.

Good luck

Eddie

Hi Eddie
have you bought the proper pads for the poles as well for this? and do you have any play in the awning?

#9 spideygirl

spideygirl

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

We also have the montana supa lux. It is excellent and the colour blue is perfect match for the peggy. We were very lucky and managed to buy an unused annex for 50, which fits and matches. The customer support is good as well the zip slipped on one of our panels :-( Our fault and when we talked to Dorema they immediately arranged to pick it up. If it our fault then all we have to pay is the carriage which is 23. We bought the pads, the fiber poles and the veranda pole.

#10 olivertwist

olivertwist

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hi Eddie
have you bought the proper pads for the poles as well for this? and do you have any play in the awning?

Hi

Just bought the normal pads from Dorema, all this about stepped pads is rubbish. My awning has been up now since May. I have checked a couple of times and there isnt any marks left by the pads (and I am fussy).

Not sure what you mean about play, the awning fits spot on, my only advise woul be to use awning lube as the rear bend is tight. Just tell Dorema which van you have and all will be well.

Dorema are good to deal with, cut out the dealer and grab a bargain.

Eddie

Edited by olivertwist, 09 September 2010 - 04:46 PM.

#11 Whitestar

Whitestar

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

We also bought a full size awning for our Peggy 524 from Dorema ..... we got a 2010 model at a great price as they are now working on 2011 models. We were so pleased with it that we've since been back and bought one of their factory clearance porch awnings too! See: http://www.dorema.co.uk/

Edited by Whitestar, 23 September 2010 - 01:00 PM.

#12 Rodney

Rodney

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

We bought a Harringtons awning for our Pegasus 534 which fits treat. You can put a annexe on one end which we also bought. The total amount was just over 600 complete from Discover Caravans at Chorley.

#13 Ranger52

Ranger52

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles,Moto GP,WSBK,BSB etc ,Caravaning,DIY

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

We bought a Dormea direct from there Castleford depot for our 534 excellent Awning came with alloy poles have just come back from a week in Cornwall and the Awning fitted a treat not like the Pyramid model we purchased off there stand at the NEC last Feb .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users