Coachman Amara 570/6 Vs

r1cbm

Hi there, We viewed a coachman amara 570/6 VS which we really liked, I have no experience with coachman as we are in the process of getting rid of the sprite.

Any advice / experence with this van?

Cheers

R1

Bailey 560-5 dragged with a Hyundai Santa Fe

I have owned a Coachman for 5 years now. It was the only van that could prise me away from my 1988 Award Nightstar and I have not been dissapointed.

They are quality vans.

Regards

Tony B

We have a 570/6 and would say it is the nicest caravan we have had. It is quite heavy though wityh a MTPLM of about 1600kgs so you need a heavy car/4x4 - we currently have a Sorrento which tows it brilliantly

Only one issue is the shower door which keeps coming off! Being sorted out this week with a replacement under warranty with a new door and more substantial fittings.

Our's is the GT version (dealer special) and has ATC, alarm and the upgraded upholstery.

In terms of the bed locker, I find it really useful to have half of it accessed from the outside with the other half in. I keep most if the stuff I use outside in the outside bit which gets easy access without haviung to go through the 'van.

Cheers

Paul

Kia Sorento KX3 towing Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 2011

We have owned a Pastiche 560/4 since the end of last year, my parents have had a VIP 545/4 since then too. They are both perfect.

Each has completed over 100 nights with no faults whatsoever.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

I couldn't understand why half of each bedbox in a Coachman is boxed off so it can't be used.

Our front nearside one is boxed off laterally as that is for the outside locker which is as long as the bed.

T

2014 Porsche Cayenne | 2010 Coachman Pastiche Platinum 560/4 | 1967 Wife

Our front nearside one is boxed off laterally as that is for the outside locker which is as long as the bed.

T

What do you put into a long, thin external locker?

Waste of space in my opinion - anything I want to access from the outside is kept in our gas locker box.

There is all sorts in there. And a light :D

T

2014 Porsche Cayenne | 2010 Coachman Pastiche Platinum 560/4 | 1967 Wife

Thanks for the replies, it looks like we have managed to sell the old van and are going to get the Amara. Interesting comments on the outside box, I was planning on using it for the fishing tackle :)

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the new van at the weekend, my little girl was ill so we couldn't test it so hoping to get some sun this weekend and get away! Very excited!

Also, now need to sell the Honda (tail was wagging the dog) and get a towbar fitted to the Hyundai :mellow:

Picked up the new van at the weekend, my little girl was ill so we couldn't test it so hoping to get some sun this weekend and get away! Very excited!

Also, now need to sell the Honda (tail was wagging the dog) and get a towbar fitted to the Hyundai :mellow:

GOOD CHOICE. ...... We bought a new Pastiche this year after 5 years with our beloved Burstner. .. They were the ONLY brit van that comes close . ....we had looked at everything on offer for the past 2-3 years. ...really surprised and disappointed at the build quality/fit n finish of the Bailey/Swifters compared to the Burstner. .as soon as we got in the Coachman you could tell straight away they still have some pride in what they make and how they make it. ....

Cheers Tim

What do you put into a long, thin external locker?

Waste of space in my opinion - anything I want to access from the outside is kept in our gas locker box.

In our Pastiche the warm air vent pipe runs thru it and IT IS GREAT for drying wet shoes etc. ..... Much better than getting wet at the front locker as its within the awning space. ....... It shows Coachman at least are applying some thought to what they do. ....... Rather have a locker used to its capacity than a big empty space . .....

Cheers Tim

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.