Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Hot Weather Holls Good Wine & Beer & F1
  • Towcar:Vauxhall Insinia Sports Tourer SE NAV
  • Caravan:Bailey Senator Virginia

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Hi we are looking to visit some distant relations in Warrington, last time we stayed at a hotel but this time we are looking at touring and taking the van. We are looking for somewhere close to Warrington so OH can drive back(I might just have a pint or two) site wise anything will do large / small but preferably toilets / EHC and close to a pub, I know of a CC cl and a CCC cs near Culcheth but they are both the wrong side of town for us. There are a few near Northwich / Middlewich areas and any recommendation in this area or closer would be appreciated. Many thanks

Dave

#2 DeeTee

DeeTee

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • Interests:Photography,

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

Hi we are looking to visit some distant relations in Warrington, last time we stayed at a hotel but this time we are looking at touring and taking the van. We are looking for somewhere close to Warrington so OH can drive back(I might just have a pint or two) site wise anything will do large / small but preferably toilets / EHC and close to a pub, I know of a CC cl and a CCC cs near Culcheth but they are both the wrong side of town for us. There are a few near Northwich / Middlewich areas and any recommendation in this area or closer would be appreciated. Many thanks

Dave

The Hollies is south of Warrington on the A49. Is that the right side of Warrington ?:blink: :unsure:

#3 dave11a

dave11a

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

The Hollies is south of Warrington on the A49. Is that the right side of Warrington ?:blink: :unsure:

Yes thanks for that one right side,had it in mind but trying to find something closer to Warrington if possible.

Edited by dave11a, 27 May 2010 - 12:16 PM.

#4 JonathanM

JonathanM

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location:North of Watford, south of Berwick, west of the Pennines

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

To the best of my knowledge, there are no other touring sites in the area, short of heading off towards Chester/Wirral, which is too far a trek from Warrington.

#5 UncleAlec

UncleAlec

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

Look at this review:
https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2114
The Horns is now an Italian restaurant, but there is a "happy eater" type pub adjacent to the site.

#6 angus

angus

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

There is a site called `Holly Bank` (I think) adjacent to the Warburton Toll bridge on the A57 heading towards Manchester.

That puts you 10 minutes out of Warrington.

#7 dave11a

dave11a

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

There is a site called `Holly Bank` (I think) adjacent to the Warburton Toll bridge on the A57 heading towards Manchester.

That puts you 10 minutes out of Warrington.

That looks ideal, when we sort out a date for the visit I will give them a ring thanks

#8 DeeTee

DeeTee

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

The Holly Bank site is almost exactly the same distance from the centre of Warrington as Yew Tree farm site in Risley/Culcheth

#9 dave11a

dave11a

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:07 PM

The Holly Bank site is almost exactly the same distance from the centre of Warrington as Yew Tree farm site in Risley/Culcheth

I know but our relations live on the south side of Warrington off Chester Road nearly in Stockton Heath so it's a lot easier for the OH to drive if I have had a drink through Lymm No motorway (which she hates)and not having to go through Warrington.

#10 DeeTee

DeeTee

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

I know but our relations live on the south side of Warrington off Chester Road nearly in Stockton Heath so it's a lot easier for the OH to drive if I have had a drink through Lymm No motorway (which she hates)and not having to go through Warrington.

Merely an observation Dave, as I didn't know whether your relatives were north or south of the ship canal. :rolleyes:

#11 UncleAlec

UncleAlec

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

I don't want to labour the point, but you really should consider Woodbine Cottage at Acton Bridge as per my previous post. 7.3 miles down the road from Stockton Heath crossroads.

#12 dave11a

dave11a

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

I don't want to labour the point, but you really should consider Woodbine Cottage at Acton Bridge as per my previous post. 7.3 miles down the road from Stockton Heath crossroads.

I was being polite and not going to publicise this but No thank you my cousin stopped there 2 years ago and we called there to see him,nightmare route to get to his pitch through static / seasonal pitches, crammed on top of each other impossible to put up an awning, owner and his buddy ran out and unhitched the van ripped the rear wheel cover (on him complaining just a shrug of the shoulders), toilets filthy above 4ft high, waste water disposal he had to lift wastemater up 2ft to empty (same place for CDP)cars had to be parked near the entrance if you could find a space, and all for 20 pn

#13 UncleAlec

UncleAlec

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

Good. Well replied. I've never stayed there,(I stayed on my boat just up the road) but I'm sure your post will be of great help to someone. Shared experiences are to my mind one of the greatest advantages of any forum.

#14 dave11a

dave11a

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

Update

Found this caravan site in the new CL section of the Caravan Club website and have booked in for 5 nights from 18th August. It's about right for us right side of Warrington 2 pubs within walking distance and easy access to Warrington without OH having to go on the motorway :D I will take some pics and give more details in the UK site reviews later on at 11 inc electric for a CL not the cheapest but worth it for us this visit
Dave
http://www.broomedgefarm.co.uk/

#15 Guest_mrbloosky_*

Guest_mrbloosky_*

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

I was being polite and not going to publicise this but No thank you my cousin stopped there 2 years ago and we called there to see him,nightmare route to get to his pitch through static / seasonal pitches, crammed on top of each other impossible to put up an awning, owner and his buddy ran out and unhitched the van ripped the rear wheel cover (on him complaining just a shrug of the shoulders), toilets filthy above 4ft high, waste water disposal he had to lift wastemater up 2ft to empty (same place for CDP)cars had to be parked near the entrance if you could find a space, and all for £20 pn

Drove past this many times en route to one of our favourite sites & thought it looked good but I too had heard bad reports when making enquiries elsewhere so we will carry on driving past Posted Image

Edited by mrbloosky, 06 August 2010 - 07:05 PM.

#16 dave11a

dave11a

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

Drove past this many times en route to one of our favourite sites & thought it looked good but I too had heard bad reports when making enquiries elsewhere so we will carry on driving past Posted Image

Woodbine cottage site really is in an ideal spot for our visit to relations a cousin just up the road BUT after our fleeting visit and looking around there is no way we would stay there unless there is a takeover or a major referb.

#17 Guest_mrbloosky_*

Guest_mrbloosky_*

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

yet to try either of these but have not heard any negatives so will give them a go in the future

http://www.elmcottage.co.uk/

http://www.lambcottage.co.uk/

#18 lionheart98

lionheart98

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Fishing,Swimming,Martial Arts,Biking

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

There is a site called `Holly Bank` adjacent to the Warburton Toll bridge on the A57 heading towards Manchester.
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users