19 replies to this topic

#1 MEG55

MEG55

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

Please advise me on what extra's are required if we book onto a super pitch?? We normaly would use standard pitch.

thanks M

#2 slimseydy

slimseydy

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:Cars & Caravans
  • Towcar:2014 Volvo V60 SE LUX
  • Caravan:Willerby Severn 36x12 Static Caravan

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

super pitch usualy has
TV ariel socket,need a TV cable extension
grey waste water drain.make sure you have about 5-6 meters of waste pipe as it is not very often the grids for grey waste are next to the van.
fresh water tap.you will need the aqua roll extension hose with auto fill to fully appreciate a super pitch,about 30/35.00 ,
I have heard some super sites also have an elsan for the loo.yet to see one my self.
hope this helps

#3 stuey

stuey

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Interests:all aspects of caravaning & motorhoming
    geocaching

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:57 AM

not that many super or serviced pitches around in this country unless i have been to the wrong sites.Seem more poular on some of the french sites where they are sometimes called grand comfort.As slim says waste pipe & a mains adapter, the float type you put in a 40ltr aquaroll cost about £15 on ebay

Edited by stuey, 18 February 2010 - 03:01 AM.

#4 flfair

flfair

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Satellite tv, Cycling, Wildlife

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:46 AM

All the pitches on our CL are super pitches, with hardstandings, and we also supply a length of hose to connect to your van for the grey water. We have satellite hook up and Wi-Fi included.
As we are not far from you, why not come and have a look around for yourself?

flfair

www.donnewell.co.uk

#5 CommanderDave

CommanderDave

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,649 posts
  • Interests:Model Eng, Jetski, DIY, Caravan, Traction Engines

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

not that many super or serviced pitches around in this country unless i have been to the wrong sites.Seem more poular on some of the french sites where they are sometimes called grand comfort.As slim says waste pipe & a mains adapter, the float type you put in a 40ltr aquaroll cost about £15 on ebay

My OH was only saying last night she has booked us in on a site not sure which one as going to quite a few but the whole site is super pitches and in this country .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave, 18 February 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#6 beejay

beejay

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

not that many super or serviced pitches around in this country unless i have been to the wrong sites.Seem more poular on some of the french sites where they are sometimes called grand comfort.As slim says waste pipe & a mains adapter, the float type you put in a 40ltr aquaroll cost about 15 on ebay

A Torbeck float valve is about 6 from Screwfix. Drill the cap the accept the valve

#7 stuey

stuey

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Interests:all aspects of caravaning & motorhoming
    geocaching

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

My OH was only saying last night she has booked us in on a site not sure which one as going to quite a few but the whole site is super pitches and in this country .

Dave

they are around then

#8 gumdrop

gumdrop

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

they are around then

I have used serviced sites at Damage Barton but these are only waste water and mains water. 3x 2mtr. sections are dependant on where your waste outlets are fitted. My outlets are to the rear.
I made up 1-1/4" pipes with flexible caravan drain links to pushfit black rubber waste reducers (1-1/4"x 3/4") which allows it all to be folded up, this connects then to a three swept tee manifold (1-1/4")and caravan waste pipe plugs into the caravan waste. All it needs now is a big 5" tube with screw on caps to be mounted transversly under the van to make transporting easier.

#9 diploma

diploma

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Pt Cruisers, Caravans, Wigan Rugby League

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

The C. C. site at Chatsworth as some serviced pitches, TV hook up, waste waterdrain, freshwater connection elsan empting point
Used them a few times, but get booked up quick

#10 RubyRanger

RubyRanger

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:20 PM

Please advise me on what extra's are required if we book onto a super pitch??

Wearing your pants on the outside & using the telephone box for getting changed :D

#11 beejay

beejay

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

Just finished two weeks touring Northern Ireland. using five sites where all the pitches were super (or serviced) pitches as standard. According to the N.I. Tourist Board's camp sites list virtually every site has 100% serviced pitches.
Stopped at the CC Low Park Wood site in Cumbria on the way back. Had reserved a standard pitch as the serviced pitches were all booked. Arrived on site and obtained a serviced pitch because of cancellations/no shows.

I have three 2m lengths and several 300mm/450mm lengths of 30mm black plastic waste pipe with selection of push on 45 and 90 bends for the grey water disposal. It is surprisingly light and easier to clean than flexi hose. Made a rack in the front locker with 30mm pipe clips so all retained tidily and out of the way.

#12 KeithMcC

KeithMcC

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Towcar:2012 Volvo XC70 SE LUX NAV AWD D5 Auto
  • Caravan:2012 Coachman VIP 545/4

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Just finished two weeks touring Northern Ireland. using five sites where all the pitches were super (or serviced) pitches as standard. According to the N.I. Tourist Board's camp sites list virtually every site has 100% serviced pitches.
Stopped at the CC Low Park Wood site in Cumbria on the way back. Had reserved a standard pitch as the serviced pitches were all booked. Arrived on site and obtained a serviced pitch because of cancellations/no shows.

I have three 2m lengths and several 300mm/450mm lengths of 30mm black plastic waste pipe with selection of push on 45 and 90 bends for the grey water disposal. It is surprisingly light and easier to clean than flexi hose. Made a rack in the front locker with 30mm pipe clips so all retained tidily and out of the way.

I like that idea Beejay. Nice job.

#13 StevenLisa

StevenLisa

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:The simple life
  • Towcar:Elgrand
  • Caravan:Quaser 616

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

fresh water tap.you will need the aqua roll extension hose with auto fill to fully appreciate a super pitch,about 30/35.00 ,
I have heard some super sites also have an elsan for the loo.yet to see one my self.
hope this helps

Aqua roll valves on fleabay for 16.00

#14 discoverydriver

discoverydriver

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

We have a superpitch hose, with pressure reducer. Just plug in and no need for pump to work. It's made by the same company who make the fixing on the van.

EDIT It is Truma Ultraflo

Edited by discoverydriver, 24 July 2010 - 06:49 PM.

#15 beejay

beejay

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

Aqua roll valves on fleabay for £16.00

deleted: wrong post

Edited by beejay, 24 July 2010 - 08:08 PM.

#16 beejay

beejay

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

I have heard some super sites also have an elsan for the loo

Used a site near Perpignan, France which had brick built toilet "cabins" with own water, waste and toilet on each pitch.

#17 StevenLisa

StevenLisa

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:The simple life
  • Towcar:Elgrand
  • Caravan:Quaser 616

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:30 PM

We have a superpitch hose, with pressure reducer. Just plug in and no need for pump to work. It's made by the same company who make the fixing on the van.

EDIT It is Truma Ultraflo

you can really lose water pressure using hose with a pressure reducer. Far cheaper and retain your water pressure to use the aqua roll valve

#18 discoverydriver

discoverydriver

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

It does have less pressure but seems to work ok.

Edited by discoverydriver, 25 July 2010 - 07:48 AM.

#19 CommanderDave

CommanderDave

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,649 posts
  • Interests:Model Eng, Jetski, DIY, Caravan, Traction Engines

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

A site near me used to deliver a newspaper on their service pitches free of charge every morning .

Dave

#20 gumdrop

gumdrop

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

I have used serviced sites at Damage Barton but these are only waste water and mains water. 3x 2mtr. sections are dependant on where your waste outlets are fitted. My outlets are to the rear.
I made up 1-1/4" pipes with flexible caravan drain links to pushfit black rubber waste reducers (1-1/4"x 3/4") which allows it all to be folded up, this connects then to a three swept tee manifold (1-1/4")and caravan waste pipe plugs into the caravan waste. All it needs now is a big 5" tube with screw on caps to be mounted transversly under the van to make transporting easier.

I have made the pipe connections much easier using a 1-1/4" Magiflex pushfit flexible connector. Pipe lengths are now 1mtr.
long with a flexible in between. A 6 mtr. length now fits, folded in a zigzag, on the back wall of my front locker easily

Edited by gumdrop, 28 July 2010 - 10:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users