#1 ildi

ildi

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Eating out, holidays, travel, fishing internet

Posted 05 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

I live in Shropshire and I am looking for a good seasonal pitch in North Wales etc. I would like the site to have some kind of entertainment or pub of some sorts or within walking distance to a small town or village. Does anyone have any recommendations please.....Thanks In Advance

#2 slimseydy

slimseydy

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
  • Interests:Cars & Caravans
  • Towcar:2014 Volvo V60 SE LUX
  • Caravan:Willerby Severn 36x12 Static Caravan

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

little paddock in kinmel bay nr Towyn,no club on site but nice place,only a couple of mins from all the caravan seaside clubs

#3 neil

neil

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, Cycling, Caravanning, Walking.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

I live in Shropshire and I am looking for a good seasonal pitch in North Wales etc. I would like the site to have some kind of entertainment or pub of some sorts or within walking distance to a small town or village. Does anyone have any recommendations please.....Thanks In Advance

Hi ildi

One of the best (or was) is The Plassey which has/had (been a while) had a 'posh' restaurant, a clubhouse with bar food called 'treetops'
and then the golf club clubhouse that also used to do bar food too! Also had a nice pool and a games room etc.
Not been for years mind but still gets good mentions here and there.

Not sure they still have a brewery though :-(
Probably not a bad thing...

neil

#4 ildi

ildi

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Eating out, holidays, travel, fishing internet

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:23 AM

Thank you all for your replies. We had a look at the Plassey but thought it was pricey and is geared mainly for golfers hence the price. Also, whilst looking round the Plassy we noticed that the drinking water points and waste disposal were few and far between and the pitch they had available was a trek to fill your aquaroll etc (Small point I know but meant something to me)

We come accross a great site Parc Farm which had both statics and tourers (No tents) for seasonal pitching only. This, we thought, was good the fact that they do not have any other vans comng and going. There is a swimmming pool and clubhouse on site and a shop. The site is close to Ruthin and Mold and easy access into wales. The park itself appealed also as it was very green with lots of tree and the views were amazing. Lets hope we like the seasonal idea as we only wanted to try for a year and then back to touring again.

Edited by ildi, 08 February 2010 - 09:23 AM.

#5 Graham W

Graham W

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:22 PM

Have a look at thia site, may be Ok for your needs.
http://www.fronfarmc...an-camping.html

Edited by Graham W, 08 February 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#6 rustygates

rustygates

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:30 AM

Hi Ildi,

You could try "The trotting Mare" at Overton it has a good reputation and the reviews can be found at uk campsite.

rustygates.

#7 neil and lena

neil and lena

Five Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hi Ildi,

You could try "The trotting Mare" at Overton it has a good reputation and the reviews can be found at uk campsite.

rustygates.

Yes concur with the above the Trotting Mare is a cracking site and also does seasonal's , read my reviews on UK campsite

Neil currently @ La Manga , Spain

#8 slimseydy

slimseydy

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
  • Interests:Cars & Caravans
  • Towcar:2014 Volvo V60 SE LUX
  • Caravan:Willerby Severn 36x12 Static Caravan

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:58 PM

my mate has just sold his tourer which was on a seasonal pitch on plassey,getting way to expensive for what you get on that site,he has moved out the touring club & bought a static on parc farm in Mold,nice site,peacefull & enough in the area for the kids,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users