8 replies to this topic

#1 ericfield

ericfield

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

Looking at the Bailey Pegasus 554 with it transverse bed made me wonder if other manufacturers have tried or will try this approach?

A caravan length reduction of 18" (ie 4'6" not 6' bed) could be quite handy when trying to accommodate an end washroom without reducing the living area.

Though I dont like some aspects of the Pegasus interior styling, the new shell construction and this layout are ones to watch (for me)

#2 Guest_del_*

Guest_del_*

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Looking at the Bailey Pegasus 554 with it transverse bed made me wonder if other manufacturers have tried or will try this approach?

A caravan length reduction of 18" (ie 4'6" not 6' bed) could be quite handy when trying to accommodate an end washroom without reducing the living area.

Though I dont like some aspects of the Pegasus interior styling, the new shell construction and this layout are ones to watch (for me)

Lunar did a delta 610 which had a fixed transverse bed at the rear. Had a look a 2005 model and was a very nice van, in the end I opted for a delta 640 , but oftedn tink about the Delta 610 as it was a lovely van

#3 ivan leslie

ivan leslie

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

Coachman had a transverse bed in their range for a couple of seasons then dropped it - was told because of low demand.

#4 Guest_John KS_*

Guest_John KS_*

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

Fleetwood (deceased) also did one but the lounge area was too small.
The 554 is worth a look.

#5 colinicky

colinicky

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Interests:Diving & caravanning

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

Personally I would like to see them leave the van the same length with the transverse bed so that the front seats are longer for lounging on & leave some more work space & make the island bed 5 ft wide then there is no question I would buy one yesterday !

#6 ericfield

ericfield

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:23 PM

Personally I would like to see them leave the van the same length with the transverse bed so that the front seats are longer for lounging on & leave some more work space & make the island bed 5 ft wide then there is no question I would buy one yesterday !

I take your point - they should have added the 18" back onto the front seats! Drat!

#7 chapmag

chapmag

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

I take your point - they should have added the 18" back onto the front seats! Drat!

If they did that then I'd be at the front of the queue!!!!

G.

#8 Watson(JohnG)

Watson(JohnG)

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

Most manufacturers had the double dinette layout some years ago and when fixed beds became the in thing Swift and others had a model with the rear dinnette fitted out with a mattress giving the transverse bed
We are just changing our 2008 Award Nightstar and I have had to remove the fixed bed I made across the rear and replace the bunk and side seats (never been used)
The front seats are full length and apart from being narrow in the centre of the van it is a good layout that is now deemed unfashionablePosted Image

#9 ericfield

ericfield

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

Most manufacturers had the double dinette layout some years ago and when fixed beds became the in thing Swift and others had a model with the rear dinnette fitted out with a mattress giving the transverse bed
We are just changing our 2008 Award Nightstar and I have had to remove the fixed bed I made across the rear and replace the bunk and side seats (never been used)
The front seats are full length and apart from being narrow in the centre of the van it is a good layout that is now deemed unfashionablePosted Image

Its the narrow centre of the van I was trying to avoid. A rear washroom opens up the caravan. Spectrum 545 layout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users