32 replies to this topic

#1 civeriba

civeriba

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:40 AM

15 months ago we bought our current van and due to its size needed to find a storage site for it. With no previous experience of caravan storage we consulted the COSSOA website and put the van in a local gold registered covered storage site.
While the storage site offers all the facilities I need the storage fees are due to increase by 40% at the renewal date in December. So my question to readers is 700 per annum for covered storage a competive price or a rip off??? A 40% increase in todays economic environment seems incredible.

Thanks

#2 klarky

klarky

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Interests:cycling, fishing, caravanning

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:44 AM

15 months ago we bought our current van and due to its size needed to find a storage site for it. With no previous experience of caravan storage we consulted the COSSOA website and put the van in a local gold registered covered storage site.
While the storage site offers all the facilities I need the storage fees are due to increase by 40% at the renewal date in December. So my question to readers is 700 per annum for covered storage a competive price or a rip off??? A 40% increase in todays economic environment seems incredible.

Thanks

40% increase is disgracefulPosted Image ____how can they justify that,thought mine was bad enough at 530(inside storage)Posted Image

#3 oldboy

oldboy

Just like that

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Hill walking, Kayaking of which I am an instructor

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:45 AM

I would say for covered storage depending on location 700 is the average price, in some area storage is at a premium therefore the price will reflect this. I am paying 310 to store mine on a farm.

#4 Grumpy Auld Smeesh

Grumpy Auld Smeesh

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts
  • Interests:Guinness,Riding my road bike,Kelly Brook.
  • Towcar:KIA CEED 1.6d eco
  • Caravan:Ace Jubilee Statesman

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

[quote name='oldboy' date='01 October 2009 - 08:45 AM'[/quote]

I pay 330 a year for secure uncovered storage facility. Coded Gate and CCTV. Posted Image

SMEESH

Ace Jubilee Statesman. Vauxhall Vectra Est 19cdti

#5 BigBod

BigBod

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. Motorcycles, especially Goldwings & Sidecars. And now Caravans...

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Seems to vary so much..

I'm paying 1 a day for undercover storeage...

#6 nelmo

nelmo

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, gadgets, retiring as early as possible.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

700 !!!!! :o I'm paying 350 and thought that was a lot (especially since it is just a locked compound with no CCTV) but when I was looking, I never found anywhere that expensive. Even my nearest gold-rated CASSOA sites were about 550 and they're inside the M25 (which I assumed would be as expensive as it gets as we get ripped off for everything else in London :angry: ).

Have you tried the C&CC? They have several sites offering storage and I don't remember seeing any more than 600...

I reckon they're trying it on with a 40% increase as well - threaten to leave and I bet that will drop...

#7 Steve W77

Steve W77

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Towcar:Kia Sorento KX2 auto
  • Caravan:Sterling Moonstone 2011

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:30 AM

I reckon they're trying it on with a 40% increase as well - threaten to leave and I bet that will drop...
[/quote]

With all the extra new vans purchased this year, storage is at a premium, so I wouldn't hold my breath if you expect them to drop the price.

Steve W

#8 klarky

klarky

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Interests:cycling, fishing, caravanning

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

[quote name='Steve W77' date='01 October 2009 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1254389422' post='297348']
[/quote]

With all the extra new vans purchased this year, storage is at a premium, so I wouldn't hold my breath if you expect them to drop the price.

Steve W
[/quote]
Posted Image EXACTLY Posted Image

#9 wilf2468

wilf2468

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Photography
    Caravanning
    Cycling
    White Water Rafting

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:58 AM

Thanks

Depends who your insurance is with (i am with the caravan club)(no restrictions as to where it is kept) but I would try asking at any local farms if they have a spare corner they would be interested in filling mine is on such for 200.00

#10 BigBod

BigBod

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. Motorcycles, especially Goldwings & Sidecars. And now Caravans...

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Caravan storeage certainly does seem to be in short supply, I was just lucky that someone had given up their spot where I am. I had to wait 6 weeks though but worth it.

#11 The duck

The duck

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:55 AM

COR Blimey Guv, that sounds like a right rip off even for for covered storage mine stays outside for 228.00 per annum and is gold standard cassoa. Swipe card with number plate recon around the perimeter infa-red beam and the best bit 5 bloody great hairy dogs :D

#12 Flat90

Flat90

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

700 thats a lot, I pay around 320 a year on a COSSOA Gold sit. For 700 I would expect my van serviced, cleaned and waiting at the gate everytime I wanted to pick it up.

#13 tommo11

tommo11

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Caravaning
    walking
    drinking

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

I pay 25 pm no additional fee's for monthly payments = 300 p.a. Staff on site 24/7, secure perimeter with swipe card entry...struggled to find any storage, eventually it came from word of mouth........... we're pleased :)

Tommo's

#14 MauriceH

MauriceH

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • Interests:Caravaning - Nice wine - France - Paris

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:48 PM

Just been looking at storing our caravan in the southern part of France --250 per year with 60 nights subsidised camping..

This will be great when we BOTH retire --
Just get in the car and go -- If you want to tour around pull the van out an set off..

The guy running the site will wash the van twice -- set it up on your pitch for when you arrive..

He says he will get the caravan serviced by a Mobile caravan engineer [extra]

the cost seem to work out -- taking off the ferry costs and the towing down there..

Any one else do this??

Maurice

#15 muzzy

muzzy

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Reef Keeping, Geocaching and Camping

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:51 PM

we are paying around 500 a year for a secure site that was CASSOA Gold but they stopped paying the subscription as they couldnt justify the fees they ask. they have 350 vans on site and are now full so i guess they dont need the cassoa to bring in new business.

#16 uvongo93

uvongo93

Two Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

Blimey at that price it is worth considering a seasonal site as at least you can still move it if you decide to go on holiday elsewhere.

#17 BertieBassett

BertieBassett

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Photography, Aviation, Radio scanning and enjoying a good pint of beer.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:17 PM

Flipping heck, what a rip off..... I pay 220 a year on a Cossoa gold site where the vans are checked twice a day and there are cctv cameras everywhere.

#18 caravanurchin

caravanurchin

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

We pay 210.00 for 6 months CASSOA silver twin axle storage. Not under cover but 24 hour on-site watchman, barrier, fence & CCTV. We had to keep ringing until a vacancy arose but felt the site was much more secure than other more expensive local ones plus we can pay 6 monthly rather than annually.

Penny

#19 Grumpy Auld Smeesh

Grumpy Auld Smeesh

Five Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts
  • Interests:Guinness,Riding my road bike,Kelly Brook.
  • Towcar:KIA CEED 1.6d eco
  • Caravan:Ace Jubilee Statesman

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:03 PM

I pay 330 a year for secure uncovered storage facility. Coded Gate and CCTV. Posted Image

SMEESH

Ace Jubilee Statesman. Vauxhall Vectra Est 19cdti

Mrs has just informed me its 230 for the above ! I earn it she spends it !!!!

SMEESH

#20 rugrat2

rugrat2

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Electronics / Bodybuilding / Caravanning

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

Paying 165 per year on secure farm storage..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users