19 replies to this topic

#1 maz

maz

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Has anyone got any recommendations for caravan storage near Portsmouth/Southampton area. This would be for year round storage. We would be travelling in on the boat to either Portsmouth (most of the time), Weymouth or Poole. I have found via the CaSSOA web site Lucky-Lite Farm does anybody store their caravan here.

:D

#2 Paul styper

Paul styper

Three Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hi Maz,
We used to keep our van at Woodlake farm which is in Denmead. it's not a big facility and isn't cassoa registered but is quite secure. It's out of the way and therefore unknown to would be thieves and vandals. (Luckylight have had their fair share of these issues). Also we only paid £250 pa though I would imagine it would be more than that now. From what I understand, Lucklight charge arouns £600 pa. If you're interested let me know and I'll pm the phone number. As it's not a large site, he may be fully booked but it's worth a try. There are a number of these sites around the outskirts of Portsmouth but I can't put names to them. Oh yes, just remembered, theres another one in Newtown (not far from woodlake farm) who also keeps van undercover. It's called greenbarn. The website is for a cattery but it gives the phone number.

http://www.greenbarn.co.uk/

Edited by Paul styper, 22 September 2009 - 04:16 PM.

#3 Guest_John KS_*

Guest_John KS_*

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

Storage in our area is bit like looking for hen's teeth I am afraid.The Caravan Club Site at Rokesbury Park does storage but you have to be a member.

Edited by John KS, 21 September 2009 - 07:23 PM.

#4 maz

maz

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

Storage in our area is bit like looking for hen's teeth I am afraid.The Caravan Club Site at Rokesbury Park does storage but you have to be a member.

John thanks for that but it cannot be as bad as Guernsey with width and length restriction and you need planning permission to park a caravan on your own property :( :(

It can be further down the coast towards poole or weymouth as the boat arrives there too?

#5 Guest_John KS_*

Guest_John KS_*

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hi Maz
Have just sent you a message

#6 greylands

greylands

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

Has anyone got any recommendations for caravan storage near Portsmouth/Southampton area. This would be for year round storage. We would be travelling in on the boat to either Portsmouth (most of the time), Weymouth or Poole. I have found via the CaSSOA web site Lucky-Lite Farm does anybody store their caravan here.

:D

hi i store my caravan at lucky lite farm and have done for the last 3 years, prices very reasonable, and excellent security with cctv and barrier card access, would defo reccommend them

#7 SeasideSpecial

SeasideSpecial

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Rugby (Harlequins and England), 'Van, "Music" and a good glass of wine.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi

I store at Lucky Lite in Catherington.

Very secure and I think they have some spaces at the moment. Have had no vandalism problems.

Easy access to A3M just off the Horndean jctn.

Different levels of access for different prices, all controlled with a fob. We pay 400.

Not as cheap as Denmead I understand.

Green Barn - be careful. It is OK but you are not allowed to get your own caravan out because they are so close together the owner of the farm has to do it. They are so close you can't get to the side of the van to get a wheel clamp on so could be iffy for Insurance should anything go awry.

There are also storage pitches at Ellerslie site (Fareham)but access is VERY tight. It is a bit cheaper than Lucky Lite.

Good Luck

SS

#8 maz

maz

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hi

I store at Lucky Lite in Catherington.

Very secure and I think they have some spaces at the moment. Have had no vandalism problems.

Easy access to A3M just off the Horndean jctn.

Different levels of access for different prices, all controlled with a fob. We pay 400.

Not as cheap as Denmead I understand.

Green Barn - be careful. It is OK but you are not allowed to get your own caravan out because they are so close together the owner of the farm has to do it. They are so close you can't get to the side of the van to get a wheel clamp on so could be iffy for Insurance should anything go awry.

There are also storage pitches at Ellerslie site (Fareham)but access is VERY tight. It is a bit cheaper than Lucky Lite.

Good Luck

SS

Thanks for that. I have spoken to Lucy Lite and they do appear to have places. Seems most people appear to be happy with them.

#9 BigBod

BigBod

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. Motorcycles, especially Goldwings & Sidecars. And now Caravans...

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

I'd considered this place but found somewhere closer to home in the end.

http://www.churchfarmbosham.com/

#10 oxfordboy

oxfordboy

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying Retirement

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:11 PM

I'd considered this place but found somewhere closer to home in the end.

http://www.churchfarmbosham.com/

We used to store our caravan here but found the entry and exit roads very tight, now store at Lucky Lite.
Regards ob

#11 Ted

Ted

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

We used to store at Lucky Lite, it is well equipped and has good security, however, they decided to limit access to our area between October and March (if I remember correctly) so the 'van could only be taken out with prior agreement for servicing. We wanted year round access but found their rates extortionate. We voted with our feet and went to Ellerslie which is smaller and cheaper but only grass which could get a little slippy although we only had a problem once and the owners were more than happy to help with their 4x4. Now moved away from the area which has made us realise how expensive storage down there was!!

HTH

Ted

#12 BigBod

BigBod

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. Motorcycles, especially Goldwings & Sidecars. And now Caravans...

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:19 AM

So what is the average for storeage??

I'm paying just over 1 a day for indoor locked building......

#13 SeasideSpecial

SeasideSpecial

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Rugby (Harlequins and England), 'Van, "Music" and a good glass of wine.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:23 AM

That's good value for down south. We looked at an indoor one and it was 600+.

Currently paying 400 for outside, removeable pre-Easter-November on CASSOA gold at Lucky -Lite

#14 Ted

Ted

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

That doesn't seem too bad, we pay 250 pa outdoor with 24/7 access. There doesn't seem to be a consistent charging system as a lot of sites charge what they can get away with, there have been numerous topics about this subject with some people paying upto 800 for outdoor storage.

Ted

#15 bedrock

bedrock

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

Interesting thread this one, we currently use Lucky-Lite farm (and I have no issues other than cost), we only have the seasonal access (i.e Easter to Fireworks night) and would much prefer to have year round access, but just think there prices are a little too steep.

I'll definitely be checking some of the other recommendations out.

Thanks for all the info.

#16 chapmag

chapmag

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:19 AM

Clamp Farm, Newtown at the end of the lane past Rookesbury Park CC Site have vacancies (the pitch next to me is free!!) and it's 25 a month.

The owner's in Spain this week but should be back next week!

Not CASSAO but they do mave locked metal gates and CCTV in operation.

G.

P.S. If you're interested I'll see if I can find their number!

#17 kamroo

kamroo

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Rugby Union, Camping now Caravanning

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

Be careful around that area, our friends van got pinched and insurance would not payout as site not visited daily.
Had all the locks, fob to access site cctv etc!
It was in the area of Bottesford Southampton.
Pls be careful as ferry is so close!

#18 discoverydriver

discoverydriver

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

Be careful around that area, our friends van got pinched and insurance would not payout as site not visited daily.
Had all the locks, fob to access site cctv etc!
It was in the area of Bottesford Southampton.
Pls be careful as ferry is so close!

How can they not pay out, was it in the policy details that it had to be visited everyday. If not then they can't refuse the pay out.

#19 kamroo

kamroo

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:Rugby Union, Camping now Caravanning

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

Apparently it was in the small print, mate phoned up and checked it was ok but they said he would of been told all the restrictions. They tried for a couple of years but to no avail! :(

#20 maz

maz

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:36 PM

Thanks all did not realise I had started such a hot topic :rolleyes:

With regards to being near a port and be careful unfortunately thats what we need as we will be coming into the UK by ferry ourselfs.

I have now contacted a few of your recommendations.

:)

Edited by maz, 24 September 2009 - 12:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users