#1 jonlyn

jonlyn

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:liverpool fc. karaoke. & holidays

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

as we are changing our van from fixed bed to make up beds, was looking at the raskelf duvalays & i must admit they look quite impresive, although they seem expensive,so before i part with my hard earned cash thought would ask anyone who is using them if they r as good as they say????

john...

still waiting surely somebody have used them???????????????

Edited by jonlyn, 26 July 2009 - 08:33 AM.

#2 jonlyn

jonlyn

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

still waiting??????

#3 Wingco

Wingco

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, photography, RC model aircraft

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:26 AM

We find them extremely good. They are easy to set up and put away and are very comfortable in use, and so convenient too. The memory foam mattress part is particularly good and takes a lot of the discomfort out of mismatched seat cushions. They work equally well for single beds or doubles, where you simply put the two Duvalays side by side and use the duvets in a "flop over" fashion

They make two ratings of duvet; 4.5 and 10.5 TOG. We have the 4.5 TOG and carry a couple of blankets to throw over on chilly nights. We find these perfect.

We bought ours on two separate occasions and Raskelf have changed the design of the carry bag. The older one is a tubular bag, rather like an awning bag or old fashioned army kit bag. The new type is designed like a hold-all and is much easier to use. If you are going to buy make sure you get the later type.

Would we recommend them? - definitely ... not cheap, but what you get is worth it.

Please note: we have no connection with Raskelf, other than being extremely satisfied customers.

#4 jonlyn

jonlyn

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

thanxs for your advice i guess we will purchase them...

regards john & lynne

#5 ricfield

ricfield

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

still waiting??????

We bought our own memory foam underlays and duvets. Same thing but cheaper. (We also have 2 different tog ratings for summer and winter use.)

Not having tried these Duvalays I often wondered about the join between the duvet and the mattress. Even though its 'attached' surely this is potential cold spot against the caravan wall? With a loose duvet you can 'tuck' extra insulation against the caravan wall on cold nights. And its no different for storing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users