Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning,DIY,Gardening and Homebrewing,
  • Towcar:Discovery2
  • Caravan:Lunar Delta Ti

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:28 PM

Bought our Delta Feb this year, just noticed a front marker lamp has fallen off! Contacted Lunar themselves,who in turn contacted Campbells where we purchased from . only to be told, take it off and go to an accessory shop .

Not impressed with the after sales to say the least. New lamp is only 7-99 from and on line accessory dealer, but 4 months into ownership you don't expect things to start dropping off, let alone the manufacturer and dealer passing the buck!

#2 The duck

The duck

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

We were the owners of a lunar quasar 615ta 2005 model once. I think the fault is down to the dealer here, where we bought ours I couldn't fault the dealer, once we even lost a wheel cover and they replaced it FOC. But as for Lunar well :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: we were on our way back from Italy and stopped over night at Camping Belchenblick in Germany that night it poured with rain and the following morning when we were packing up to leave I raised the legs and water cascaded off the roof like a mountain waterfall, on our return to the UK I got up on the step ladder to inspect the roof and it was overed in dips where they make the cross sections. I contacted the dealer who said bring ti in for inspection, who the got Lunar involved we were told this is NORMAL!!!!??? :huh:. Well we traded it in and got rid of the thing, MY opinion ( for what it's worth ) I wouldn't touch one with abarge pole. Speak to your dealer and remind them they are supposed to sell you something that is useable and any way what about trying the warranty?

Good luck

#3 paulw1

paulw1

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

We love the van, you are right the roof is a bit 'wavey' but i put that down to the overall length being 26ft. Our compass 23ft was similar.

I was thinking warranty. not going all the way to Preston just for a light, that is nearly 300 miles away. All i got from Campbells was an e-mail not even a decent headed letter or apology! My local Lunar service dealer is Chichester caravans at Winchester so I might try them.
On that note We bought a compass from Mendip caravans in somerset,in 2002 but had it serviced every year by Berkshire caravans in Reading. Definitly recommend them, they are brilliant, very helpful.so there are good dealers around.

#4 Cheltenham Caravanner

Cheltenham Caravanner

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

I suggest you go back to Lunar and tell them that you expect to have it fixed under warranty and that they should doing the running around not you. :angry:

If its a part you fix easily yourself have them send it to you.

Then fix up for your dealer to fit it (free of charge) but also inspect the point that its fitted to in case there are deeper problems.

As you say. after a few months you don't expect to have bits dropping off.

Edited by Cheltenham Caravanner, 23 June 2009 - 02:33 PM.

#5 phil1041

phil1041

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

We love the van, you are right the roof is a bit 'wavey' but i put that down to the overall length being 26ft. Our compass 23ft was similar.

I was thinking warranty. not going all the way to Preston just for a light, that is nearly 300 miles away. All i got from Campbells was an e-mail not even a decent headed letter or apology! My local Lunar service dealer is Chichester caravans at Winchester so I might try them.
On that note We bought a compass from Mendip caravans in somerset,in 2002 but had it serviced every year by Berkshire caravans in Reading. Definitly recommend them, they are brilliant, very helpful.so there are good dealers around.

My van is 26ft long but my roof is most definatley NOT wavey, nor, i would suggest, should yours be!

Phil.

#6 anglebox

anglebox

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

Campbells are definitely not the firm that they used to be, Barney Campbell will be turning in his grave. :(

#7 poolebob

poolebob

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

My van is 26ft long but my roof is most definatley NOT wavey, nor, i would suggest, should yours be!

Phil.

Baileys have a fully bonded roof which is why you can walk on them (health & safety permitting) and is why they are flat. The aluminium sheeting is bonded to the insulation. AFAIK all other manufacturers use a semi bonded system and the aluminium sheeting is laid loose on top of the insulation and just fastened (or not as the case may be) at strategic points.

poolebob

#8 sandy

sandy

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

Hi
When a light failed on my Lunar Quasar my dealer Ropers ordered the part and had it posted to me direct from Lunar. I then fitted it so to save me the hassle of driving to the dealers. I bought my Solaris from Cambells but fortunately Ropers have taken up the warranty and have fixed two minor problem. Why not try your local dealer you may find like Ropers they will solve your warranty issues.
Sandy

#9 paulw1

paulw1

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

Thanks everyone,
I will probably call chichester caravans at Winchester see if they can supply a lense., that is where I will go for servicing. In hindsight, I wish I had bought from them. I am e-mailing Campbells back, mentioning 'warranty' Be interesting to read their reply ( I hope they come on this forum!).

#10 Smiley

Smiley

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

If you believe you lost the marker lamp because it was not fitted correctly at the time of purchase, then you can claim against the supplier from whom you purchased the caravan under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

To make a claim under this Act:

goods must be faulty at the time of purchase;

if you complain within 6 months, the onus is on the retailer to prove the goods were not faulty;

if you complain after 6 months, the onus is on you to prove goods were faulty.

Edited by Smiley, 24 June 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#11 paulw1

paulw1

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

If you believe you lost the marker lamp because it was not fitted correctly at the time of purchase, then you can claim against the supplier from whom you purchased the caravan under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

To make a claim under this Act:

goods must be faulty at the time of purchase;

if you complain within 6 months, the onus is on the retailer to prove the goods were not faulty;

if you complain after 6 months, the onus is on you to prove goods were faulty.

Thanks smiley,
that is a real handy bit of info. I will throw that at them on my reply!

#12 tkimages

tkimages

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Music, Hi Fi, Photography

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

I can honestly say that Lunar have been really good to us and our Lunar Lexon. We bought it new from Campbells, nr Preston, and was never really happy with their after sales service. When a 'major' fault occured 12 months out of warranty, Lunar rectified it. I have to admit though, our new service agent, Leisure Sales, were brilliant when dealing with Lunar. I have nothing but praise for their service dept.

#13 Wozerp

Wozerp

Four Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Walking, cycling, caravaning & local politics

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Did it fall off or did it break?

I had one come off our Lunar this year, found the back part of the lense and bulb still attached to the cable behind the front panel. It broke because the front locker floor was not fully supported and was resting on the lamp.

Got a replacement myself on ebay, The lamps are made by Jokon

#14 JanandJay

JanandJay

Brown Ale Tester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  • Interests:DIY.
    Lager and Wine
    Motorsport
    The Caravan
  • Towcar:Nissan Pathfinder Aventura
  • Caravan:Lunar Solaris 1

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Did it fall off or did it break?

I had one come off our Lunar this year, found the back part of the lense and bulb still attached to the cable behind the front panel. It broke because the front locker floor was not fully supported and was resting on the lamp.

Got a replacement myself on ebay, The lamps are made by Jokon

You do realise the post is over 3 years old....lol

#15 Wozerp

Wozerp

Four Star

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Walking, cycling, caravaning & local politics

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

doh....

#16 Reads

Reads

Five Star

• Trade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

In this instance the dealer is at fault. They should have either sent you the part free of charge, only because of you saying you didn't want to travel to have it fit, or given you the name of a nearer dealer who could have claimed it under warranty to replace. It's not normally the case for the manufacturer to deal direct because your contract is with the supplying dealer.

#17 flashgordon

flashgordon

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I sometimes wonder just what planet some dealer come from, when picking mu van up last week after its service, I listened to the customer next to me complaining that a rear light on their new motohome wasn't working and hadn't been for some time the dealer told them that they had fixed it but that he had to pay £15 for the job as it wasn't covered in the warranty because it wasn't the fitting that was broken that would have been covered, but the wire had worked its self loose and that wasn't covered because it wasn't really broken it had just come loose!!!!!!
My wife wonders why I have this irrational urge to shoot people in the head, I just think of my blood pressure and the calm face I could wear as the gunsmoke clears.

#18 Surf01

Surf01

Five Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Seems Reads missed post #14! :D

#19 Reads

Reads

Five Star

• Trade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

I did. DOH

#20 JanandJay

JanandJay

Brown Ale Tester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  • Interests:DIY.
    Lager and Wine
    Motorsport
    The Caravan
  • Towcar:Nissan Pathfinder Aventura
  • Caravan:Lunar Solaris 1

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Plus original poster has not been active for over a year either...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users