5 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisNewton

ChrisNewton

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

Hi Folks

I am now the proud owner of a Freedom Sunseeker. Does anyone else have one of these?. If so, have you managed to fit a stabiliser? The Fairing on the A-frame appears to be rivetted on, making fitting of a blade type stabiliser difficult and I don't think the chassis is of one of the two usual brands so I am not sure what sort of hitch stabiliser to ask for.

All help gratefully recieved
Chris

#2 TD4 Sport

TD4 Sport

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hello

We started out with a Freedom, great little van (and I'm 6ft 2") took it all over uk. Sold it for what we paid :)

Never had the need to think about a stabaliser, towed it with a Freelander Sport TD4 and it didn't know it was behind :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Folks

I am now the proud owner of a Freedom Sunseeker. Does anyone else have one of these?. If so, have you managed to fit a stabiliser? The Fairing on the A-frame appears to be rivetted on, making fitting of a blade type stabiliser difficult and I don't think the chassis is of one of the two usual brands so I am not sure what sort of hitch stabiliser to ask for.

All help gratefully recieved
Chris

#3 ChrisNewton

ChrisNewton

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

Hello

We started out with a Freedom, great little van (and I'm 6ft 2") took it all over uk. Sold it for what we paid :)

Never had the need to think about a stabaliser, towed it with a Freelander Sport TD4 and it didn't know it was behind :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good to hear from you, nice pictures. I tow mine with a Vauxhall Omega, so I shouldn't notice it really but it seems to wobble about unsettlingly at speed. Perhaps I just need to slow down? It seems OK at 50 mph. I have tried pumping the tyres up to 35psi (they were at about 25psi when I got it) as well, so maybe that will make a difference. I couldn't find any info about tyre pressures, do you recall the pressure you used to inflate yours to?

Thanks
Chris

#4 jan69c

jan69c

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

I did have a look at them vans once, very small but seemed well built and great value for money. No good for us though, family of 6 :D

#5 TD4 Sport

TD4 Sport

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

Sorry I cannot remeber the tyre preasure.

Try to google Freedom caravans and give them a call, they were very helpful when we went to look.

Happy vannng

#6 Guest_Tephi_*

Guest_Tephi_*

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Try here:

http://www.caravanta...=tyre pressures

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users