New Baileys

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_madrat_*

Guest_madrat_*

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:06 PM

Well we went to the Bailey dealer today for a look round.

:blink: I could not believe how awful the interiors were.

The pageant series 7 :angry: was like a lump of dark plastic had exploded inside and the series 6 Senator :o I had to double check we hadn't gone into a discovery by mistake, it all looked so cheep and nasty. We looked at a Series 5 Senator Indiana and the difference was unbelievable. the quality of the interior in the older van was so much better. Comparing the whole bailey range if I had the money for a new van I don't think I would spend the extra for a pageant or Senator, the discovery and the ranger are far better value, yes the others have more features but at what cost. To be honest I don't think I will part with my old Ranger for a new Baily for a while. I hope the new Ranger and G60 are are better finished.

However none of the Baileys were any were near the standard of the Adria's the dealer also sells.

#2 archieboy

archieboy

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

your joking right. :P :blink: :blink:

#3 Guest_madrat_*

Guest_madrat_*

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

No I'm not, I was very disappointed.

#4 archieboy

archieboy

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:39 PM

I had the Ranger prior to my Senator. I've got to say the quality in my Senator is much better but at a cost, pound for pound is it worth it maybe not. However for me it was, simple things the seat cushions, work tops, bathroom, the finishings, lead lights, Fridge and arm cushions (non in he Bailey) are much better in the Senator.

#5 Guest_madrat_*

Guest_madrat_*

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

In both the senator and pageant I found things like the plastic front corner lights, the catches on the cupboards, the trim along the front window ledge etc all very cheap and nasty compared to older models and the Ranger/Discovery models. The colour of the trim in the pageant makes everything look like plastic. The trim along the front window ledge in the senator series 5 was wood. The quality of the plastics also look very poor. Yes the cushions etc are better but the rest of it was just way to cheep looking. The front corner lights look like they should be in a shower room from a 1980 van and from what I can see on the web of the new Ranger it looks just as nasty :angry:

#6 sprite

sprite

On the Forum since 2005

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:quiet, countryside, caravans!, real ale.
  • Towcar:Hyundai Terracan
  • Caravan:Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:45 AM

I have loved Baileys for a number of years and having only (until now) had old vans, always thought it would be a Bailey when I bought new. However, when I looked at the 2008 Ranger 550/6, although very pleasant, when I went in an Abbey, it was just that much plusher in feel and in refinement (the Abbey was a little dearer), I went for the Abbey.

#7 Tigger

Tigger

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:05 AM

Its stopped my wife wanting to upgrade our Series 5 Senator for now!

#8 pbeecroft

pbeecroft

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

we went to a bailey dealer on saturday with the father in-law as they are looking to change their S5 Pagaent to a fixed bed rear washroom layout similiar to mine. It was raining so we tagged along rather than entertaining the kids in the van.

They want a "light" TA Van and the S7 Limosin looked liked it fit the bill, they were in a position to buy. but were VERY disappointed by the S7 wood colour and finish, a massive step down from the S5. they currently have. to top it off the trade in price would be around 5.5k !!. They also looked at the s6 wyoming and the abbeys on show. They plan to now goto the NEC show but they seemed to prefer the abbey i tried to persuade them to look for a used s6 wyoming but they seem to prefer to buy new.

what summed the viewing up was my wife opened a top locker and shut it and the silver trim fell off, at pretty much the same my mother in law shut the bathroom door and the top hinge ripped out of the wood.

#9 maxiboy

maxiboy

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hey mad ratty ...there's nothing wrong with my senator s6...it's a beauty and the wife loves it. :rolleyes:

Having now had 3 baileys - hunter lite, pageant and now the senator i think they offer better value each year and the build quality on mine is superb.

Maybe the demo models you saw had been knocked around abit....but agree the pageant s7 dark wood is awful. <_<

maxiboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users