Twin Axel

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:23 PM

I'll have a punt on it being early next year!!! :lol:

I have a confession to make !!
I found the reason for the problem of no lighting in the washroom,I did not realise that the pull cord for what I assumed was solely for switching off the vanity unit light in fact also isolated the overhead light !!****???. Suffice to say I came upon this little gem after purchasing spare bulbs and also picking the brains of the caravan sevice dept at my local dealer who left me no wiser , saying that I had better bring it in so they can look at it !! (imagine my embarrassment if they had realised what I had done )
Ah Well !! at least I have learnt my first caravan lesson......................READ THE B++++Y HANDBOOK PROPERLY !!.
Thanks for all the replies (at least the clear polythene has gone now and I have light in the washroom ).

Trev S-J

Ohh Heck, sounds like another month of trawling through new caravans next year then!!!!

Then I also have the problem, do I keep the van I have now, which I have gone through and fixed all the issues on, effectively doing Baileys PDI for them, or do I get a new van and start all over again??

#22 RogerL

RogerL

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

Ohh Heck, sounds like another month of trawling through new caravans next year then!!!!

Then I also have the problem, do I keep the van I have now, which I have gone through and fixed all the issues on, effectively doing Baileys PDI for them, or do I get a new van and start all over again??

If you've fixed all the issues, it's BETTER than a new one so why pay money to get one with problems? Sounds like a no-brainer to me - unless the Senator 7 has a must-have feature which can't be retro-fitted to your current van.

#23 merseyscouse

merseyscouse

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:34 PM

be interesting to see how sales of the new series 7 go, like most on here and other forums,i do not like the 'wood', cheap and nasty looking.
The dealer smirked when i spoke about it....he said i was'nt on my own on that opinion!!
Bring back the pear!!! :blink:

#24 bobren55

bobren55

Three Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Radio Control Model Flying, Caravannning, Computers and DIY. Not necessarily in that order!!

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

I have a 2003 Arizona and this has the longest beds being around 6ft 3". We more often than not sleep without making up the double. None of the Pageant series has beds/seats that long.

I don't like the fixed bed idea, as all the ones I have tried are far too short for me and in one case I touched the cupboards opposite the foot of the bed.

Yes it will be interesting what the series 7 Senator Arizona brings along. I just hope they don't do away with the large bed and try to fit a fixed version.

Bob R

#25 dustydog

dustydog

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:springers, reading, caravanning

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

We swapped our Sries 5 Pageant Vendee for a series 6 Wyoming last november.
When the s7 Pageant Limousin came out I thought omg, dropped abrick here. Ok the teak effect is different but not as dark in the flesh as in the photos. Sorry , not for us. Caravanning is all about bright happy holidays and that's what the lighter colour woods do for us.
Wyoming is longer than Lomousin and some of the fittings are better . BUT it is hard to see where all the extra money went. Ok the Tracker actually saved us money on the insurance premiums with the CC insurance !
There seems to be more padding in the seats but I swear the bed matress is the same.
Swift kept upgrading their models and in the end ditched the Bessacars as they couldn't justify the extra cost ove rthe Conqueror.
I hope the Pageant doesn't overtake the Senator!

Cheers

Alan

#26 dustydog

dustydog

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

When the s7 Pageant Limousin came out I thought omg, dropped abrick here. Ok the teak effect is different but not as dark in the flesh as in the photos. Sorry , not for us. Caravanning is all about bright happy holidays and that's what the lighter colour woods do for us.
Wyoming is longer than Lomousin and some of the fittings are better . BUT it is hard to see where all the extra money went. Ok the Tracker actually saved us money on the insurance premiums with the CC insurance !
There seems to be more padding in the seats but I swear the bed matress is the same.
Swift kept upgrading their models and in the end ditched the Bessacars as they couldn't justify the extra cost ove rthe Conqueror.

Cheers

Alan

#27 Martin63

Martin63

Five Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:Cars. Caravans, Work and how to avoid it.....

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan

Glad you have joined us on here, mate! We need more Sorento and Wyoming owners on here!!! :D

Martin

#28 Artleknock

Artleknock

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

I have a 2003 Arizona and this has the longest beds being around 6ft 3". We more often than not sleep without making up the double. None of the Pageant series has beds/seats that long.

I don't like the fixed bed idea, as all the ones I have tried are far too short for me and in one case I touched the cupboards opposite the foot of the bed.

Yes it will be interesting what the series 7 Senator Arizona brings along. I just hope they don't do away with the large bed and try to fit a fixed version.

Bob R

The fixed bed in the Pageant7 Burgandy is 6ft 4" x 4ft 6" and the front benches in the whole range make up double beds 6ft 10" long. You must be a big bloke if that is not good enough :rolleyes:

#29 dustydog

dustydog

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

Hi Alan

Glad you have joined us on here, mate! We need more Sorento and Wyoming owners on here!!! :D

Martin

Hi Martin
I need more time to get into this forum. My beloved is going for a dongle so we can use the portable whilst away. OMG, what with sky tv etc I'm going back to my old Blacks of Grenock tent.

Like you, we love our Sorento / Wyoming combination. We intend keeping them both for a long time now unless we win the lottery.

Cheers

Alan

#30 bobren55

bobren55

Three Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Radio Control Model Flying, Caravannning, Computers and DIY. Not necessarily in that order!!

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

The fixed bed in the Pageant7 Burgandy is 6ft 4" x 4ft 6" and the front benches in the whole range make up double beds 6ft 10" long. You must be a big bloke if that is not good enough :rolleyes:

Yes, but I bet the corner is cut off. I know the front benches are longe enough when made into a double across the van but not when you sleep along the van as singles.

We don't like the fixed bed idea as it takes up so much of the caravan and you end up with effectively a 10 or 12 ft van or less.

Bob R

#31 Twin Axel

Twin Axel

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

Cheers

Alan

I thought Bailey confirmed on another thread that the seating foam, springs etc, is identical in the Senator to the Pageant? Am I right? This was another reason for me thinking there was no reason for the Senator to exist now!

#32 Fab

Fab

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

The new Series 6 Ranger GT60 adds another choice. Spec is slightly below the current Pageant but has nicer (IMHO) wood, no dount it will be cheaper and lighter too. I hope it has retained it's 7ft2 body width too.

Bailey seem to be mixing things up a bit!

#33 Alan J

Alan J

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hi
I have just returned to caravanning after 15 year break on package hols - very glad to be back.

We spent many months looking at various makes models etc caravans and motorhomes. In the end we chose the Bailey Pageant 6 Bordeaux in June this year as the ideal layout and light wood interior etc. We knew the S7 was on its way and had a look at it. Did not like the dark wood interior and did not actually want a wider van we actually wanted the narrower Pageant. Also the S6 version had proper TV cabinet, better 12v lighting (not LED).

Dealer was worried that we might go for the S7 once we had seen it - but much preferred the S6 (although the new graphics on the S7 a nice modern touch).

Have now had three separate one week holidays Cornwall, Devon & E. Sussex as part of the "shake-down" and have to say have not found a single fault with anything in the van. I had ATC fitted as an extra, tyron bands, and Powr Mover (an absolute brilliant piece of kit for moving the van up the 1 in 4 slope of my drive). Have also fitted the latest EFOY Fuel Cell to give me total independence to wander where I please, when I please.

Well done Bailey the build is perfect I have tested everything - I think there is a lot to be said for taking the end of a range when all the QA issues have been long sorted out.

Towcar is BMW X5 3.0D which doesn't even know the caravan is behind it! But I do stick rigidly to speed limit - I mean to say I have semi-retired and "hey what's the rush as my Danish friends always say "there are 24 hours in a day - so why do today what you can put off until tomorrow"!!!

#34 maxiboy

maxiboy

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hi Alan

We need more Sorento and Wyoming owners on here!!! :D

Martin

oh no we don't .............. :P

#35 Martin63

Martin63

Five Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:Cars. Caravans, Work and how to avoid it.....

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

oh no we don't .............. :P

Oh yes we do! :lol: :P

#36 Twin Axel

Twin Axel

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

I think I have answered my own question at the beginning of the thread. I have now just visited the dealer on the way home from work. I couldnt believe all you lot repeatedly saying how horrible the Pageant 7's looked inside and the poor quality. Well I had to go see it for myself so I could form my own opinion. I can now say............................your all right its B awfull.

Just wondering if the person who designed it managed to get another job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

#37 rustygates

rustygates

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

I really do think Bailey are going in the wrong direction at the moment with their designs, not only with the teak colour and the 7' 6" width and the double axle idea and generally cheapening the series 7 range, is it the design team that has been led or driven by some unknown force?, because it is certainly not listening to their customers that have owned Baily caravans, I have a series 5 Vendee and the series 6 saw a downturn in design and now the series 7 is aweful and Im afraid that Bailey's need to listen to the people who matter most "The customers" and not "arty farty interior design guru's who have a degree in theatre props design.

Of course this is only my opinion and may not be the opinion of the majority of the Bailey owners.

rustygates.

#38 bobren55

bobren55

Three Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:34 AM

We have a 2003 Arizona and love the bathroom layout with the twin wardrobes and central vanity unit. A number of our friend also have the same van and say how much they like that layout.

Then in the series 6 Arizona they change it and fit that huge space wasting walk-in shower cubicle, considerably reducing the wardrobe space and fitting those rediculous sideways drawers in the bottom. Bailey please move away from the huge walk-in showers. :angry:

We would like to update our van but feel that they have reduced the appeal of the Arizona to us. We will wait with baited breath to see what the series 7 is like as and when it appears.

Bob R

#39 Twin Axel

Twin Axel

Four Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

I really do think Bailey are going in the wrong direction at the moment with their designs, not only with the teak colour and the 7' 6" width and the double axle idea and generally cheapening the series 7 range, is it the design team that has been led or driven by some unknown force?, because it is certainly not listening to their customers that have owned Baily caravans, I have a series 5 Vendee and the series 6 saw a downturn in design and now the series 7 is aweful and Im afraid that Bailey's need to listen to the people who matter most "The customers" and not "arty farty interior design guru's who have a degree in theatre props design.

Of course this is only my opinion and may not be the opinion of the majority of the Bailey owners.

rustygates.

I like the 7'6'' width, for me the space is a good thing. Suppose Bailey and any other manufacturer will never be able to make a van that appeals to every single ones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users