Photo

Insurance Discounts For Having Alko Atc Fitted?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Fab

Fab

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:14 PM

Spoke to CC insurance peeps about transferring my insurance to our new 'van which we collect on Saturday.

Apparantly they don't offer discouts for having Alko ATC. Do any insurers offer a discount for having it fitted?

#2 kiaman

kiaman

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life to the full!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

Most, if not all discounts with regard to caravan insurance are related to anti-theft either in the form of anti-theft devices or registered secure storage sites.
With regard to the ATC system it is possibly too new for them to assess whether it can produce a significant drop in claims, thereby making it worth encouraging people to go for caravans fitted with the device or to have it installed as a retro-fit. Only time will give the answer to that one.

#3 Fab

Fab

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

Fair point Alan, but the CC tend to be on top of new developments.

#4 Guest_Surfer_*

Guest_Surfer_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:04 AM

Not sure why they would have a discount for a safety device o am i misunderstanding something? If it were an anti - theft device fair enough question.

#5 Indiana

Indiana

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

I think the main point is that if it helps to stop a caravan turning over with the consequential loss and following costs then insurers may feel it is worth promoting by giving a discount.

#6 Griff

Griff

Any more Stars and I don't think I could hack it

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:Flying RC Aircraft. Fishing. Wrestling Honey Badgers.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

Most, if not all discounts with regard to caravan insurance are related ........................................................or registered secure storage sites.

I told the Caravan Club Insurance that our van was kept at a CaSSOA Gold compound and they told me that it wouldn't make any difference to the premium.

Anyone get any discounts for storage level of security from their insurers?

#7 Guest_Roving Rangies_*

Guest_Roving Rangies_*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

I was told that the more deterants you have gains discount. I do have 5 deterants and do get discount!! and its kept of the drive at home!! We got over 150 off the price.

#8 Fab

Fab

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

Not sure why they would have a discount for a safety device o am i misunderstanding something? If it were an anti - theft device fair enough question.

Because as Indiana says if it saves having the van wiped out by a snake it is saving the insurers money! Simple!

#9 Scales

Scales

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hi

Perhaps not as many claims are made from snaking incidents as we might think thus making it unrealistic to discount for it.

Lunar

#10 mannors007

mannors007

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

The insurance we had on our Coachman Amara (worth about 5k) has increased by just 30 now we have a Coachman Laser, despite the new van being worth over 20k. This is because, as mentioned above, it has an anti-theft device(s) but mainly because it has a Phantom tracker. I can't see that having ATC fited would ever make any difference to the cost of insurance.

#11 John Wr

John Wr

Three Star

• No longer a member
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Just received my magazine from the Camping and Caravanning Club today.

A flyer insert from Club Care shows they are offering 5% discount for Al-Ko ATC trailer control, with up to maximum 60% discount.

www.clubcareinsurance.co.uk

You do need to be a club member though.

John.

#12 kiaman

kiaman

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life to the full!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Spoke to CC insurance peeps about transferring my insurance to our new 'van which we collect on Saturday.

Apparantly they don't offer discouts for having Alko ATC. Do any insurers offer a discount for having it fitted?

Just got my latest monthly magazine from the Camping & Caravanning Club today and lo and behold there was an advert for the Club Care Insurance and they are offering 5% discount for Al-Ko ATC Trailer Control!!!

Check their website: www.clubcareinsurance.co.uk or phone 0844 770 4620

Best of luck!

#13 Fab

Fab

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

Will certainly look at the C&CC for insurance when our renewal is due in September. Got my C&CC mag today too but always chuck all the loose bits!!

#14 Indiana

Indiana

Two Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

We are insured with C&CC Clubcare and, initially, they didn't know if there was a discount for the ATC (presumably as it was then new to the market) but did discount in the end and were - by a wiiiiiiiide margin - the best of the six insurers I tried back in December.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users