5 replies to this topic

#1 shaka_26

shaka_26

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

hi im looking for advice on awning sizes..i just got another van with an awning size of 919 cm i have a bradcot awning from my old van its a 900 to 925 i know my van is in that limit ,,but would i be better with the next size up

#2 JimC

JimC

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Course fishing,
    Ice Hockey

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Try the old awning first and see how it fits.

Jim

#3 NeilD

NeilD

Three Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Sound Engineering, Theatre, Walking, History (especially military history), School Governor.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:07 PM

If your new van measures 919cm then the Bradcot 900 - 925 is a perfect fit. As Jim says, try it out first.

Neil.

#4 thelonegroover

thelonegroover

Five Star

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Interests:Running, Walking, Crawling, Drinking not necessarily in that order.

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:36 AM

hi im looking for advice on awning sizes..i just got another van with an awning size of 919 cm i have a bradcot awning from my old van its a 900 to 925 i know my van is in that limit ,,but would i be better with the next size up

I don't think awnings have a size range, they can only be one size. If your old Bradcot is a 900, according to Bradcot this should fit a caravan 886-915, the next size up 930 fits a caravan 916-945.

If anything, I'd say your better with a slightly small rather than a slightly large size. If its too large, you will struggle to get it tight. Our awning is a 960, the 'van is 965. I'd say it fits well.

What size was your old 'van and how did the awning fit.

Lloyd

#5 Arc Systems

Arc Systems

Five Star

• Trade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

An awning has an optimal size which will fit perfectly on a level pitch but vans vary in length and pitches not always level.
For this reason awnings have 'wings' where the sides touch the van to allow for these variations, the tolerance is normally 10ins, (250mm), giving 5ins at each end.
In this case the optimal is the higher figure of 925 so I would say the van at 919 is ideal.

#6 shaka_26

shaka_26

One Star

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:07 AM

hi thx for the advice just havent had a chance to try it yet ,,with work and the weather ,,last van was a coachman 500/5 book says it was a 925 now i have a 1996 abi viceroy ..bigger van but it converts to 919 id say on the old van it was big not by much worst comes 2 it i will get it exdended ty :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users