#21 flashgordon

flashgordon

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:23 pm

Prices seem too good to be true.

Maybe but there are a number of companies that provide the cover the poster wants unlike a lot of the other suggestions that wont touch the over 8o's for an extended holiday period

#22 Jaydug

Jaydug

Jay

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, DIY
  • Towcar:Citroen C5-X7
  • Caravan:Avondale Rialto

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:31 pm

Try http://www.over80.co...l-insurance.htm        Prices seem too good to be true.

Using that website I did an hypothetical quote for travel to Spain for 60 days - the maximum which they offered.    With my age and one declared medical condition the quote came up as £419.58.   As I said previously with Red Pennant for 122 days I pay £298 and that also covers car and caravan breakdown.   Who said Red Pennant was expensive? B)

• moorgate likes this

#23 KNARF

KNARF

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:35 pm

I did a quote from Insure and Go for an annual worldwide over 65 (77) for 2 without any declared medical conditions and it came out:

Silver Annual      Gold Annual               lPlatinum Annual                     Gold Single trip(8 days)

£964.90           £1301.36                     £1665.20                  £344.50

That's app 6 times more than Nationwide Flex plus just for travel ,and flex plus includes EU breakdown,no contest
knarf

Edited by KNARF, 14 September 2017 - 06:51 pm.

#24 Pheasant

Pheasant

Over 500 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Travelling
    Gardening
    Fine Wine
  • Towcar:Hyundai Tucson 2ltr. Se blue nav.
  • Caravan:Lunar clubman si 2016

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:10 pm

Thanks for your replies all,will follow them up tomorrow,Staysure have given a good quote so far,Dave.

#25 snooks

snooks

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Water Colour Painting and my Website.
  • Towcar:Kia Sorento XS
  • Caravan:Elddis Crusader Storm

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:16 pm

We cover just the holiday insurance with the Caravan Club looked around and around and they are by far the cheapest.

#26 Pheasant

Pheasant

Over 500 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Travelling
    Gardening
    Fine Wine
  • Towcar:Hyundai Tucson 2ltr. Se blue nav.
  • Caravan:Lunar clubman si 2016

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:22 am

We cover just the holiday insurance with the Caravan Club looked around and around and they are by far the cheapest.

Hi Snooks,I've got quotes from the caravan club for several things in last twelves months for things like car,van,travel insurance.
Every time they come out very expensive if you only want one specific insurance cover ,if you take their combined cover,like car,breakdowns,and holiday travel cover they come out tops,I don't want this as my car and van have twelve months full Europe cover inc.full recovery with safeguard for £65.00 a year.
By telephone yesterday ,confirmed by email,Staysure,£264.00 Caravan club, £392.00,admit this inc.car cover but ends after my ten day break,whereas my car cover is 12 months.
If I start from scratch,then take out combined,car,van,breakdown,travel ins.plus ferries etc.etc.i think the c.club deal would be competitive.but it would mean I have to terminate some policies mid term,which again could cost extra.
When I talk to other vanners,I often realise some just don't have ins.cover they think they have,and don't find out until the worst happens,it is all a minefield and gets harder as one gets older!Dave.

#27 Coastine

Coastine

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Walking, cycling, caravaning. Touring Spain & Portugal.
  • Towcar:Kia Sportage 2009
  • Caravan:Coastline 584SE 2012

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:51 am

I'm Nationwide flexi+ and its 31 days for Travel Insurence outside of UK but it says extended cover can be purchased.

I have just contacted Nationwide for a stay of 6 months, for myself 69 and my wife 65 the cost will be £220.00 one of the best best prices so far.

#28 Coastine

Coastine

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Walking, cycling, caravaning. Touring Spain & Portugal.
  • Towcar:Kia Sportage 2009
  • Caravan:Coastline 584SE 2012

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:59 am

I'll be having my 88th birthday when I'm next in Spain.   I insure with Red Pennant and the maximum they will allow me is 122 days.   Red Pennant covers almost every contingency for car, caravan and health aspects and cost last year for the full period was £298.   They will want to do a health screening check before they take you on, and from previous years I can say that in the event of a claim will want your permission to obtain a copy of your medical records before considering the claim.

This may be worth looking at next year, our car insurance is about now so that would coincide with over wintering in Spain, the caravan is due March.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users