Mercedes Comand Sat Nav Poi's

rominyogi

Hello,

I am having trouble loading the Caravan Club's POI's on to the COMAND Sat Nav system in my GLC.

Has anybody managed to do this ?

Many thanks,

David. .

• 3 weeks later...

Had a 2011 C class with Becker sat nav and you couldn't add your own POI to that, so I would imagine that Command is the same.

It was surprising though, just how many POI categories there were in the system, some of which only appeared on name searches.

B)

Ahhh - Mercedes Electronics, doncha just love 'em?

(And they are now doing the electronics for Aston Martin too!)

Cheers

Keith

• 1 month later...

I 've just bought the E-class Estate,trading up from an 11yr old Honda Accord in which the NavTeq Sat Nav was just superb! This Garmin-based Mercedes Sat Nav is just awful!! We're back to using paper maps again having got fed up with getting ourselves out of all sorts of impossible routes in France where it seems to be only capable of using Autoroutes. I've spent hours programming in a route the night before only to find it changed back to Autoroutes in the morning! Opting for non-motorway gets you on to often "unpaved" roads some of which are quite passable whilst others you wouldn't take a barrow down! Eco route seems just about the opposite.

Is anyone really with this rubbish electronics?

Hi all,

After some time reading i have now found how to add personal POI to my COMAND NAT5*2 nav system. If anybody who has problems here is how.

SD card 16GB FAT 32 class 10 with a folder  Personal POI then load your POI in generic gpx file into that folder. (max 30,000 POI) 

Insert card with engine running in park.

Go to Nav, select Personal POI, memory card, and tick the box's as to alerts symbols etc.

I hope this may help,

David.