whelme

New to the board

• Approved Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport
  • Towcar:Audi SQ5
  • Caravan:Coachman Laser 675

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:26 pm

Everything - great specification, very comfortable and quiet, handles great, plenty of space too. Goes like a sports car but can also get well over 40mpg if careful (best I've had was 48mpg).

Click here to view the towcar review
  • Steve05 likes this

#2 Black Grouse

Black Grouse

Senior Member with over 5000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts
  • Interests:Cold War Aircraft
  • Towcar:2016 VW Touareg SE 262
  • Caravan:2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:47 pm

List price - £53,825 plus options

#3 Sparkie240

Sparkie240

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Towcar:VW Touareg R Line
  • Caravan:Buccaneer 2016 Cruiser

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:48 pm

Is that + £800 road tax?

#4 Steve05

Steve05

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Towcar:Audi SQ5 plus
  • Caravan:Hymer Nova 545 Luxusline

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:53 pm

Decent discounts were available though, the best deals were on the very last plus SE model which have almost every option as standard and could be had new for £47K. 

I totally agree with whelme's review, including the stupidly large mirrors :angry:. It's also the only Mk1 Q5 to have the rear sports diff which takes the handling into another league. Easily the best car I've ever owned.

Is that + £800 road tax?

The new ones will be subject to the £40K + tax premium but the MK1 goes by emissions, about £190 IIRC, about £100 less than my old A4 3.0tdi cabby.

#5 Black Grouse

Black Grouse

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:22 pm

Decent discounts were available though, the best deals were on the very last plus SE model which have almost every option as standard and could be had new for £47K. 

Run-out models are always good value - the old Touareg R-Line Plus is about the same price as the new SQ5 and being discounted down to £38,000 during its run-out.

Using the new SQ5 configurator, there's just the one model, no engine choice plus all the usual Audi options - to play, I just optioned one up at £68,475 and that excludes any dealer-fit options

#6 Steve05

Steve05

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Towcar:Audi SQ5 plus
  • Caravan:Hymer Nova 545 Luxusline

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:44 pm

Run-out models are always good value - the old Touareg R-Line Plus is about the same price as the new SQ5 and being discounted down to £38,000 during its run-out.

Using the new SQ5 configurator, there's just the one model, no engine choice plus all the usual Audi options - to play, I just optioned one up at £68,475 and that excludes any dealer-fit options

New SQ5 is petrol only at the moment although rumour has it a 3.0 bitdi is in the pipeline, the 4.0 triple turbo from the SQ7 would be nicer though :).  

Can't see me ever going for a MK2 SQ5, it's too expensive and I'm not sold on the styling. If I was ever to spend that sort of money on a petrol SUV it would be the Macan GTS for sure.  

#7 Black Grouse

Black Grouse

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,447 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:11 pm

New SQ5 is petrol only at the moment although rumour has it a 3.0 bitdi is in the pipeline, the 4.0 triple turbo from the SQ7 would be nicer though :).  

Can't see me ever going for a MK2 SQ5, it's too expensive and I'm not sold on the styling. If I was ever to spend that sort of money on a petrol SUV it would be the Macan GTS for sure.  

Porsche and Audi are on "stop-sale" on V6 TDi in Germany due to further emissions issues so there won't be a diesel SQ5 until that's resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users