• PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Interests:walking, biking. motorsports, music, technology, travel

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:05 pm

It's here . ... ...

https://www.coachman.co.uk/

Here's the brochure,

https://www.coachman...an-brochure.pdf

Edited by stevew1, 24 August 2017 - 04:09 pm.

• Silverback likes this

#2 stevew1

stevew1

Over 500 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Interests:walking, biking. motorsports, music, technology, travel

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:40 pm

No weights yet though . ... ...

#3 kiaboy

kiaboy

Enjoying life in the slower "retired" lane

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts
  • Towcar:2013 Kia Sorento KX2
  • Caravan:2015 Coachman VIP 520/4

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:13 pm

:goodpost:

Had an email from them asking if I wanted to stay on their email contact lists as they were updating their email server, but they never mentioned their new website

#4 Silverback

Silverback

Over 1000 posts

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts
  • Interests:"Happy Camping"

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:45 pm

Nice website but I cant seem to find the weights in specifications on the VIP range :rolleyes:  

Is it just me :blink:

No weights yet though . .. . . ..

Sorry just seen your post :blush:

• stevew1 likes this

#5 peterjohn

peterjohn

Fight for the underdog

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Digital photography, Walking.
  • Towcar:2016 Ford Kuga 2.0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.
  • Caravan:2016 Coachman VIP 565.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:26 am

Just had a quick glance, the front single gas botttle locker has been replaced by one either side now.
The roof rails have disappeared, the bulbous front has gone for a more streamlined effect, altogether a more "normal" caravan front.
I have the 2016 with roof rails and to be honest I think it looks more classy even though it is a bit of a pig when it comes to cleaning the roof.
We are both looking forward to the Factory Tour in Sept when we can see the new one in the flesh.. ...Peter

#6 Nidge4

Nidge4

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:Golf, MUFC, Walking
  • Towcar:2016 Hyundai Santa FE Wiggins Edition SE
  • Caravan:Coachman VIP460

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:11 am

Just had a quick glance, the front single gas botttle locker has been replaced by one either side now.
The roof rails have disappeared, the bulbous front has gone for a more streamlined effect, altogether a more "normal" caravan front.
I have the 2016 with roof rails and to be honest I think it looks more classy even though it is a bit of a pig when it comes to cleaning the roof.
We are both looking forward to the Factory Tour in Sept when we can see the new one in the flesh.. .. .Peter

l use a alloy wheel cleaner brush for between the rail, l agree my 2014 looks more classy than the new ones. Doesn't stand out from the crowd in my view

#7 Glen and Les

Glen and Les

Enjoying Early Retirement!

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, Walking, Wildlife

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:01 pm

We are both looking forward to the Factory Tour in Sept when we can see the new one in the flesh.. .. .Peter

I think the roof rails are still there Pete - you just need to look very closely at the photos.
This is an excerpt from the brochure:

"NEW enhanced automotive style, fully bonded aerodynamic body shell including
grey cant rail"

I'm assuming cant rail is the roof rail?

Glen,

#8 Stockcroft

Stockcroft

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Motor Racing, Travel
  • Towcar:Discovery 4
  • Caravan:Coachman VIP 520/4

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:01 am

Just been looking at the new vs old dimensions and layout - comparing on the basis of my 2015 VIP 520/4.  Rather confusingly the new brochure reverts solely to imperial measurements for bed sizes.  Some interesting issues: 

- the overall width of the 2018 model is shown as slightly narrower (2310 mm vs 2320 mm)

- the beds (set up as two singles) are apparently slightly shorter (6'0" in the new model vs 6'1" in the old).  So the new front end, with the smaller central chest and drawers clearly doesn't benefit bed sizes in that format.  

- however, the smaller chest obviously helps matters when made up as a double - a quoted 5'8"width in the 2018 model vs 5'0" in the old.

- the new brochure also suggests that the length of the double bed - ie across the width of the caravan - will be 1" longer (ie 6'9" in the new model vs 6'8" in the old).  Interesting, given that the overall width of the van is shown to be narrower!  I can only think that they have somehow narrowed the extent to which the front seat backing boards are spaced from the walls to allow the heat from the Alde radiators to permeate upwards.  

- the major improvement looks to be in the bathroom where a full size, square shower is shown (rather than the round 'pod' arrangement we currently have).  That will be a definite plus.  But the large wardrobe and shelving goes and it looks like instead there are two smaller hanging areas.  Will be interested to assess that in the flesh.  

These are, of course, just observations based on the published dimensions and there is no substitute for seeing the real thing.  I suspect the benefits of the new front end, twin side front front lockers and smaller internal chest will apply more to some of the other layouts (ie where from living area is traditionally compromised for full time bed areas sited further back).

• The Coachman likes this

#9 Moodshadow

Moodshadow

Over 50 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Towcar:Audi Q5
  • Caravan:Coachman VIP 575/4

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:43 pm

The solar panel is now an option and the front bed support has gone from the pull out from the offside bunk to the conventional pull out slats between the bunks!

Also disappointed the front bunks aren't longer, even in the twin axle versions!

#10 banjokat

banjokat

Over 10 posts

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Towcar:XC60 D5 AWD
  • Caravan:Sterling Europa 460

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:46 pm

Had a sit in a couple of different layouts at the weekend. Although the front seats are the same length they really feel more roomy with the centre chest set back as it now is. I agree though in that I wish they were longer but for me anyway, no longer a deal breaker.

#11 Silverback

Silverback

Over 1000 posts

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts
  • Interests:"Happy Camping"

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:56 pm

I think the roof rails are still there Pete - you just need to look very closely at the photos.
This is an excerpt from the brochure:

"NEW enhanced automotive style, fully bonded aerodynamic body shell including
grey cant rail"

I'm assuming cant rail is the roof rail?

Glen,

You can just see a grey rail of sorts in the video roughly at 6.40 mins into it. Seems more discreet than the outgoing model. http://www.caravanfi...-swift-caravans
  • Glen and Les likes this

#12 peterjohn

peterjohn

Fight for the underdog

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:00 am

The jury is still out for me.
I like the new front lockers, I like that they have put u.s.b. charging sockets in, also the longer front bunks.
What I don't like is that in the rear bathroom models, the hand basin tap is fixed in position over the middle of the sink, I complained about the shelf above the sink, now the tap is an extra hazard, at least you could swing the tap away before.
The Alde pump is still in the wardrobe from what I saw on the video, I thought they would have moved it near to the heater.
The large rooflight over the bunk beds on the 565 are unnecessary, who lies in bed gazing upwards all the time? (Well maybe don't answer that). It would have been good to put an extra floor level light in the bathroom as I have done in ours for that nocturnal visit to the loo without switching on the illuminations.
Why make the solar panel an optional extra? I thought that these days we were progressing with off grid camping?
Love the soft close doors and the all round quality exuded by the new models but my 2016 V.I.P. Is still favourite and I won't be tempted to change.
One final thing, why don't they fit a large doormat instead of the postage stamp sized ones that all manufacturers seem to do?

#13 Stockcroft

Stockcroft

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Motor Racing, Travel
  • Towcar:Discovery 4
  • Caravan:Coachman VIP 520/4

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:08 am

Just noticed from the PC review that the Alde panel is now fitted above the main door, next to the main control panel.  A good move from the perspective of getting a more consistent temperature reading rather than experiencing the former variations associated with remote sensors.  But will the detail of some of the small icons and data on the Alde panel be fully legible to owners of all heights? 

#14 Glen and Les

Glen and Les

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:26 am

What I don't like is that in the rear bathroom models, the hand basin tap is fixed in position over the middle of the sink, I complained about the shelf above the sink, now the tap is an extra hazard, at least you could swing the tap away before.
The Alde pump is still in the wardrobe from what I saw on the video, I thought they would have moved it near to the heater.
The large rooflight over the bunk beds on the 565 are unnecessary, who lies in bed gazing upwards all the time?

Hi Pete,

In our 2017 Pastiche bathroom we have the shelf above the sink, which is one obstacle, but the tap doesn't swivel at all, creating another obstacle. I think someone could get a nasty whack on the head with the design of the new taps though.

Our Alde pump is next to the boiler, so not sure why they would put it back in the wardrobe - hope it isn't because they have found a weakness wth it being in-line and finally, we have the skylight above our beds, but it's closed more often than open - because it gets too hot when the sun is shining. Agree I could do without this,

Overall, more than satisfied with our 2017 van, although we do have a couple of issues we need to raise with the dealer once back from our continental trip. We have a window catch on the smaller right front window that will only pull in as far as the vented setting, so we get water in if we tow in the rain and we're really not happy with the way the Ozio cushions are creasing after only 60 days of total use. Otherwise, all good.

Glen.

#15 peterjohn

peterjohn

Fight for the underdog

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:21 pm

Hi Glen and Les, it's only because I was watching the Caravan Channel video of the new range.
When the presenter was showing us around, he opened the wardrobe door and there on the wall was the central heating pump just like ours on the 2016 VIP.
Anyway in a couple of weeks we will both be able to see for ourselves when we go on the factory tour.
Really looking forward to seeing how our vans are made.
Anyone else going?. .Peter
  • Glen and Les and standrewac like this

#16 peterjohn

peterjohn

Fight for the underdog

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:35 am

Can someone please tell me if when the Alde pump is fitted next to the heating unit, does the van still have a header tank similar to when the pump is fitted in wardrobe?
This would explain why I thought Coachman were still fitting the pump there, because I saw a tank in the Caravan Channel video.. ... ..Peter

#17 Glen and Les

Glen and Les

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:32 pm

Can someone please tell me if when the Alde pump is fitted next to the heating unit, does the van still have a header tank similar to when the pump is fitted in wardrobe?
This would explain why I thought Coachman were still fitting the pump there, because I saw a tank in the Caravan Channel video.. .. . . .Peter

Yes Pete - we still have the header tank in the wardrobe.

Glen.

#18 Llew

Llew

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Family, the dog, Rugby and caravanning
  • Towcar:2008 Honda CRV 2:2cdti EX
  • Caravan:2017 Sprite Dealer Special

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:53 pm

Hi Pete,
In our 2017 Pastiche bathroom we have the shelf above the sink, which is one obstacle, but the tap doesn't swivel at all, creating another obstacle. I think someone could get a nasty whack on the head with the design of the new taps though.
Our Alde pump is next to the boiler, so not sure why they would put it back in the wardrobe - hope it isn't because they have found a weakness wth it being in-line and finally, we have the skylight above our beds, but it's closed more often than open - because it gets too hot when the sun is shining. Agree I could do without this,
Overall, more than satisfied with our 2017 van, although we do have a couple of issues we need to raise with the dealer once back from our continental trip. We have a window catch on the smaller right front window that will only pull in as far as the vented setting, so we get water in if we tow in the rain and we're really not happy with the way the Ozio cushions are creasing after only 60 days of total use. Otherwise, all good.
Glen.

That's one thing that irritates me with our new Sprite, none of the taps swivel. The one in the bathroom doesn't matter so much, but the one in the kitchen keeps getting hit every time you lift out the washing up bowl to empty the water. We notice it more because with our previous Avante, all the taps would swivel out of the way.
Another reason why these designers should actually spend some time in the vans they create.
  • Glen and Les, peterjohn and svimes like this

#19 fordsmaxer

fordsmaxer

Over 10 posts

• Approved Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:01 pm

According to brochure "boiler with intergrated pump". Don't understand why no weights given yet.

#20 peterjohn

peterjohn

Fight for the underdog

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:35 pm

If there's no weights published yet, I will ask at the Factory Tour. Then I will come back onto this site and publish the details.. .Peter
  • stevew1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users