Micro Switches On Water Taps

2wheels

This my idea on replacing a mixer tap

If I fit a mixer tap that does not have a micro switch in my caravan bathroom can I install a suitable switch near but of the way of water to opereate the pump.

I think this will work but I am open to other ideas as long as they not rude or stupid.

Most new vans don't use microswitch taps, but have a pressure switch which operates the pump when the tap is opened. ...so you idea is good and easily achievable if you're the practical type.

Wish I could say the same for your chosen font, which I struggled to read :)

• Like 1

When getting rid of micro switches the usual method is to fit a pressure switch close to the water intake. The switch will work off your caravan battery. Just by opening the taps will start the pump.

post-261-0-08493500-1503584001_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

As people can access this forum from various devices, we prefer people not to use different types nor sizes of fonts.

I have edited the original font.

• Like 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

As people can access this forum from various devices, we prefer people not to use different types nor sizes of fonts.

I have edited the original font.

You missed a line

Thanks. Now done :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 3 weeks later...

Most new vans don't use microswitch taps, but have a pressure switch which operates the pump when the tap is opened. . . .so you idea is good and easily achievable if you're the practical type.

Wish I could say the same for your chosen font, which I struggled to read :)

me personally think the pressure switch is a rubbish idea. Run the water butt out of water and the pump keeps running, turn the tap on slow and pumps goes on and off. Micro switch, run water butt out of water, turn off tap, pump stops, turn tap on slow, pump keeps running.

macafee2

During the 70s a separate switch for the pump was common place, it enabled an upgrade from footpump to electric without changing the taps.

If you fit a switch, you need to remember to turn it off every time you turn the tap off or the pump will keep running.