External Shower

scaniaman45

Hi all, I have a new Lunar caravan 2017 and is fitted with a truma water connection with a external shower like most caravans today but was not connected with the blue bypass inside the caravan, it is now (I have fitted) I cut the blanked off pipe as instructed before connecting the blue bypass tube connected the external shower but will not work ? it seems not to switch the pump on unless you switch a tap on inside the caravan which is no good, my last lunar which I fitted one to also worked fine without having to switch inside tap on, anybody shed a light on this or had same trouble ?

If, as seems the case, your water system is operated by microswitches, then the external shower will not work unless you fit some kind of switch to it, which is why it was not connected.

The external shower is designed to be used on vans with pressurised water systems.

The only choice you have, to get it working, is to have the van reconfigured to a pressurised system, thereby removing the operation by microswitches.

Edited by Brecon

If, as seems the case, your water system is operated by microswitches, then the external shower will not work unless you fit some kind of switch to it.

The external shower is designed to be used on vans with pressurised water systems.

I imagine that it has a pressurised system same as my Clubman.

I have noticed that the bypass is there on mine but not really tried the shower. Don't have a purpose for it. Would have made sense if we still had the Labrador who adored getting muddy.

My shower is stored away, but in view of what the OP said I will try it when I am able.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I can't see that Lunar would provide an outside shower fitting if the van was not configured to use it.

Like John, never tried mine either in this van or the last, but if I did and it wouldn't work, it would be back to the Dealer to sort.

• Like 1

Quote " I imagine that it has a pressurised system same as my Clubman."

Obviously it does not as the OP states the water only runs when the tap is open and not when trying the shower, which means the pump is operated by microswitches in the taps.

If micro switches, couldn't the OP wire in a switch near to his outside shower :unsure:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

We had an external shower on our last Coachman - it's not pump driven. Water flowed when the trigger was pressed on the handset and it was strong enough to wash boots, dog etc.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Quote " I imagine that it has a pressurised system same as my Clubman."

Obviously it does not as the OP states the water only runs when the tap is open and not when trying the shower, which means the pump is operated by microswitches in the taps.

The Cosmos is based on the Quasar. Specs show pressurised system as I suggested so nothing obvious at all.

See

http://www. lunarcaravans. com/brands/lunar/ariva-quasar/quasar-524

Do any manufacturers still use Microsoft has?

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Some manufacturers use Microsoft and some Chrome, Firefox or Diggly Doo.

I like Diggly Doo!

• Like 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We had an external shower on our last Coachman - it's not pump driven. Water flowed when the trigger was pressed on the handset and it was strong enough to wash boots, dog etc.

Same here :)

• Like 1

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

I'm surprised the OP has had to fit the blue bypass pipe himself? My 2017 Clubman had it connected already. Also I can confirm the Clubman does have a pressurised water system.

post-43219-0-39065600-1493488139_thumb.jpg

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Not familiar with this set up. But is it possible that you have taken the feed to the shower point from before the NRV (non return valve) so when you operate the shower the P. Switch dosnt register a pressure drop so switch on the pump.

I'm surprised the OP has had to fit the blue bypass pipe himself? My 2017 Clubman had it connected already. Also I can confirm the Clubman does have a pressurised water system.

attachicon.gifWP_20170419_13_24_52_Rich. jpg

I wonder if the OP has connected it to the wrong side (i. e the right) has if it is then it will need the pressure switch (I think) as that would be for the winterised kit, just checked ours (Coachman VIP) and it is connected as per Seaman's photo.

VIP Heating

Photo location changed

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Not related to the thread, sorry, but I am posting here as it refers to Kiaboy's post above. Also this has happened before.

If I click on Seaman's photo, no problem.

If I click on Kiaboy's photos I get "you don't have permission to view".

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have an explanation.

John

Perhaps you have managed to defy gravity, or did it have an internal tank at a higher level?

John

Not related to the thread, sorry, but I am posting here as it refers to Kiaboy's post above. Also this has happened before.

If I click on Seaman's photo, no problem.

If I click on Kiaboy's photos I get "you don't have permission to view".

Is this happening to anyone else? Does anyone have an explanation.

John

Just checked John and the reason is its in my private folder, please confirm if you are able to see it in the post I added it to or are you seeing the code ?

Thanks

KB

Just added it to a different folder and re-inserted it to original post, please confirm you can see it now please John

KB

Edited by kiaboy

I can see it now.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Perhaps you have managed to defy gravity, or did it have an internal tank at a higher level?

John

No onboard tank - just the Aquaroll. The van was a Coachman VIP. The shower plugged into the socket next to the main water pump. We only used it a couple of times, but there was quite a good spray.
  • Like 1

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I can see it now.

Phew thanks Graham, managed to make the changes before the Edit post timed out ;)

I can see it now.

And so can I.

John

• Like 1