T A Mover

rawsondsr

Upgrading my single axle van to a twin.

Currently have a Powrouch Evo fitted.

Would this mover work on the twin?

Or should i sell it and get an AWD setup - ego titanium?

Dave

2011 Bailey Unicorn Barcelona -o0o- 1984 Landrover Defender 200 Tdi

It will probably work, but will struggle on tighter turns. We have the ego titanium 4x4 mover on our van, cracking bit of kit.

Unless a mover has a changer over switch that allows the control box to act as a twin axle mover you can't . A twin mover does not turn the caravan the same as a single as the outside wheel turns and the inside wheel runs half speed or pulses .

You would be better off buying a mover that you can upgrade from a twin to AWD if you need to turn slightly tighter corners but a twin will never turn like a single .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave
  • Like 1

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Not sure about your model rawsonder but I have recently removed my Reich 4WD movers to refurbish them.

As the rear was badly corroded through on some of the box section I have scrapped that and have refitted just the front.

The electronics to the rear had not been working properly for some time prior to this and the rear wheels were no longer being driven but generally as we only tended to use the mover for final positioning, levelling, fitting a wheel lock, it was coping with these lesser tasks with just the front operating.

When 4 wheels were driven, the system coped very well with any manouvre asked of it but with only the front operating latterly, it became very limited as it really struggled if say I tried to turn the caravan (2000kg) through large angles.

As we only tend to use flat hard standings, the remaining unit should cope with what we will ask of it but I have found that serious manouvres are now out of the question.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare if the truth be known ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Get an awd set up. We have to turn ours through 270 degrees to get it lined up on the drive. On block paviors your eyebrows do raise when you see the tyresbeingpulled about. We once tried to move the van without the movers manually as the battery had gone - never again.

Single may be limited by the weight of the van remember. ..

TA really need AWD to get any real turn going. My Powrwheel Evolution AWD had the rear set pack up on Easter Monday and then the battery died leaving me with a 2500kg van across the road completely blocking it. A call later to Powrwheel and the guy there explained that the battery was naff and I could use the AWD system with just the fronts by winding the rears off manually. This I did and swapped the battery but all was not right. Eventually we pushed the van onto the driveway with the help of my son's mates but as stated previously, never again. Had the two boxes replaced last night and all working well again. New battery too (Banner 135ah). I no longer need a tow car as I ride the A frame at 60mph!

Ring power touch up they do a upgrade that's what I have just done now got awd love it

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.