Waste Pipes Interfere With Plastic Underbody Skirt/trim

baddon

we just collected an Adora 612 DT (the 6 berth) and while the plastic under body trim looks nive it makes fitting the waste pipes near impossible without getting down on your back. We like to get away a LOT so will be in all weathers.

Its important I can set up quickly without getting my knees wet. Any ideas?

Our previous Altea's waste pipes were further back and as such did not come out till the end of the trim (or it may not have hid this trim at all)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Baddon, a photo would help a lot. ;)

• Like 1

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Just loosen off the clips which are screwed up to the floor, so that the waste paper connections drop a little bit lower and become visible. Our last Adria was like it - 13 years ago! I think I inserted a woode block to pack them down a bit.

• Like 1

Ern

Just loosen off the clips which are screwed up to the floor, so that the waste paper connections drop a little bit lower and become visible. Our last Adria was like it - 13 years ago! I think I inserted a woode block to pack them down a bit.

Doh! This iPad has got to go. I meant it to say waste pipe not waste paper. Predictive text should have been strangled at birth.

Ern.

• Like 1

Ern

Doh! This iPad has got to go. I meant it to say waste pipe not waste paper. Predictive text should have been strangled at birth.

Ern.

The man who invented auto correct died last night - his funfair is next monkey.

John :)

• Like 5

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

+1 for Ern's solution.

We have an Altea Severn (2016) and I found it awkward getting the waste pipes in on my last trip because of the white skirt - and I found the waste connection kept on coming out when I was emptying the wastemaster. I ended up pushing one of the retaining brackets out of the underfloor as a result of the kerfuffle.

After a temporary fix on site - I've since dropped the waste pipes using a wooden block on the last metal hangers, and formed 2 x additional hangers from 4 x 75mm corner braces which I have used to secure the grey plastic hose socket on the end (as the two fixing holes on these line up with the outer holes on the 75mm braces). Hopefully makes sense - but I've added a pic.

post-81962-0-88647000-1492536458_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Gents,

Thanks and such a simple solution when I read and saw it. ....why could I not think of that?

Will get sorted in no time.

Thanks again.

Gents,

Thanks and such a simple solution when I read and saw it. . . ..why could I not think of that?

Will get sorted in no time.

Thanks again.

I used straight 32mm waste pipe that fits the outlet to at 45 degree bend into a T and 90 degree bend that then flows to a 90 degree bend to the aquaroll or waste pipe if on serviced. My DK has an awning rail running along the bottom so i used some RO water hose that fits the awning rail and some shock cord to hold in place but to be honest the trim does that anyway.

Tbh I don't have an issue with this it's all part of the experience getting down and dirty I guess if you're getting on a bit and the old knees have gone then this would be a trial but then so would a few things we have to do when setting up etc

Juice1955, it was NO issue on my Altea, but on the Adora it was next to impossible even lying on my back. I am 42 and dont want to have to get onto my back every time I want to hook up the waste pipes.

I cut the fixed pipes back, added on the 90 and Y and glued the lot in place. I then added in another 90 and either put a bung in the end or a short fixed pipe into the wastemaster OR can add in flexi if we were on a serviced plot.

I regard winding the corner steadies and connecting up the waste pipes on our Adria as part of my Yoga routine! :D

• Like 2

formerly ClassikFan

• 2 weeks later...

All sorted. Cut back the fixed pipes after removing the ends, glued on two short lengths of flexi, fitted on the white 90 bend, and y piece jointer to sigle outflow, added another 90 degree bend and bought a 32mm stopper.

Now I just put my hand down (at the side marker. ....bet thats by design) and twist down the stopper and roll in my wastmaster.

IF it is a serviced site the flexi pipe plugs into the 90 bend as well.

Tidy, faster as only one outlet now and so much easier.

All sorted. Cut back the fixed pipes after removing the ends, glued on two short lengths of flexi, fitted on the white 90 bend, and y piece jointer to sigle outflow, added another 90 degree bend and bought a 32mm stopper.

Now I just put my hand down (at the side marker. . . ..bet thats by design) and twist down the stopper and roll in my wastmaster.

IF it is a serviced site the flexi pipe plugs into the 90 bend as well.

Tidy, faster as only one outlet now and so much easier.

Sounds good baddon, any chance of a photo? might give this a go myself.

formerly ClassikFan

Sounds good baddon, any chance of a photo? might give this a go myself.

took the photos in very bad light.

First is looking up,

second side on with it turned down and stopper removed.

3rd is side on with it turned flat for driving with stopper in.

Hope you can make it out. post-84824-0-62423600-1494447598_thumb.jpgpost-84824-0-97945100-1494447615_thumb.jpgpost-84824-0-09462900-1494447633_thumb.jpg