Blown Window

bald eagle 7

Message added by CT Advertising,

Hi,

I have a compass rallye 524l and the front centre window has blown, now all it does is mist up.

Can anybody tell me the best place to get a second hand replacement.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards bald eagle

Try e-bay or google caravan breakers as a starting point.

What do you mean by "blown"?

If you mean it has condensation between the panes then this is quite normal, especially at this time of year with big temperature differences day and night.

It will clear on its own with the sun on it, and as the year progresses and temperatures do not have such big swings, it will "cure" it until next year.

Caravan windows are not sealed units and the plastic used is breathable.

Edited by Brecon

If your window has delaminated, http://www. eeco-ltd. com can re-laminate it as long as no diy repair has been attempted.

I have no experience of their work as they wouldn't accept my delaminated window due to my failed attempt to repair it with superglue.

They will also manufacture new colour matched windows using the damaged window as a template and reusing the existing hinge bar from the damaged window. They can't, I believe, reproduce any edge screen printing though. Again, I have never used this service as my windows do have a screen printed dot border all round.

This post is not intended to suggest you are pedantic or that you shouldn't ever post again.  It is not retaliatory in its intent and I apologise for any offence it may give rise to.

What do you mean by "blown"?

If you mean it has condensation between the panes then this is quite normal, especially at this time of year with big temperature differences day and night.

It will clear on its own with the sun on it, and as the year progresses and temperatures do not have such big swings, it will "cure" it until next year.

Caravan windows are not sealed units and the plastic used is breathable.

There is water pooling at the bottom of the window and all the other windows are not misting up

There is water pooling at the bottom of the window and all the other windows are not misting up

Delaminated. Mine was exactly the same with a fairly short failure on a vertical edge. The water gets in by capillary action.

I took the bungs out of mine, emptied as much as possible out and the put the window in a warm place to try and dry it and then attempted to superglue the split using the same capillary action with the glue. Failed and ended up buying a new window.

This post is not intended to suggest you are pedantic or that you shouldn't ever post again.  It is not retaliatory in its intent and I apologise for any offence it may give rise to.

Take the bungs out and apply a hairdryer to get hot air between the panes, only do it on a dry day, to ensure you do not invite damp air

Les

As said you can't glue acrylic it is welded with a solvent .

Try any plastic companies in your area or check out supplies of the solvent . It only needs cleaning and clamping together and a touch of solvent and it will running under capillary action .

I have used ether and a hypodermic syringe to put acrylics windows together myself .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

• 4 years later...

Can anyone advise correct way to remove front middle window on compass magnum 482 please. Have tried to lift as high as possible vertically and it should drop out of top fitting. (As per advice). No luck, informed that should not remove top screws. Can anyone give some info on correct method. Many thanks in advance.