Replacing Dingy Decals

DeeTee

post-34162-0-71798900-1490187988_thumb.jpg

I am planning to replace the front decal on my Bailey Ranger and would appreciate any advice on how carry out this task please.

Incidentally the invoice from Bailey for the replacement carries a disclaimer:

PLEASE NOTE: To maintain your warranty cover, these items must be fitted by an approved Bailey retailer or service centre

Does the above mean that I still have warranty cover on my eleven year old 'van? :o :rolleyes:

I'm guessing that the decals will come of with the GENTLE application of heat - try a hairdryer and keep it moving especially if the front of your van is ABS.

I got the decals off my boat using a hot air gun which was fine until my wife wanted a go and didn't keep it moving quickly enough and managed to slightly scorch the GRP. My suggest would be not to use a hot air gun.

Also be a bit careful with what you use to remove any residual sticky stuff. Meths, WD 40 or even white spirit should be OK provided it's washed it off immediately afterwards.

DO NOT use acetone or paint thinners they will dissolve ABS as will some other solvents - allways try in an inconspicuous place before slathering stuff on

Edited by matelodave

Plenty of videos​ on utube showing how to fit decals .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave
  • Like 1

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I had my "Lunar" deal removed totally by the company that valets my caravan, I don't know how he did it but it took him 30 mins or so and cost me £20. The decal was in the same position as the OP's. I didn't replace it as I believed the 'van looked "cleaner" without it.

Volvo V70/Lunar Clubman 475/2 CKW

I had my "Lunar" deal removed totally by the company that valets my caravan, I don't know how he did it but it took him 30 mins or so and cost me £20. The decal was in the same position as the OP's. I didn't replace it as I believed the 'van looked "cleaner" without it.

A good point Clubman, though I have already ordered a replacement. I will probably do the job in two stages. First stage remove or find someone to remove old decal. Some time later apply new decal.

attachicon.gif7spcpDSCF5534. jpg

I am planning to replace the front decal on my Bailey Ranger and would appreciate any advice on how carry out this task please.

PLEASE NOTE: To maintain your warranty cover, these items must be fitted by an approved Bailey retailer or service centre

Does the above mean that I still have warranty cover on my eleven year old 'van? :o :rolleyes:

I bought 2 mixer taps for my 10 year old Pageant and had the same disclaimer, but if they start to drip in the next 12 months they will be going back.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Out of interest, where did you buy replacement Decals? I'm looking to replace my Lexon decal on the front of my want but can't find a direct replacement anywhere online. I'd have thought Lunar themselves would have supplied them, unless my local dealer?

Out of interest, where did you buy replacement Decals? I'm looking to replace my Lexon decal on the front of my want but can't find a direct replacement anywhere online. I'd have thought Lunar themselves would have supplied them, unless my local dealer?

DeeTee stated in his post #1 from Bailey's, so would of thought you could buy yours from Lexon direct or through your dealer.

attachicon.gif7spcpDSCF5534. jpg

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

This company have several pages of Lunar decals.

I wish decals were easy to remove. The curved ones on the back of my van have hardened in the sun, each year the edge of the decal has curled up a bit and a wipe with a cloth breaks the curled bit off so they get nrrower each year, in places enough has come of to leave a gap.

I have tried to remove the whole thing, I've used various sovents and a heat gun, nothing has any effect at all on it.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Have you tried sticky stuff remover :mellow:

could be worth trying somewhere inconspicuous first

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Have you tried sticky stuff remover :mellow:

could be worth trying somewhere inconspicuous first

That was one of the many substances.

I've given up trying now, just let the sun do it's job, eventualy.

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Decal Removal the easy way use very hot not boiling water. Pour over the letters then simply lift each one off you may require several kettlefulls to do this. Once the decals are off simply wipe with Panel- Wipe on a soft clean rag then finish with your favourite polish in my case Auotglym Now reapply your new decals

Having looked at a friends Bailey i think the longest part of the job will be setting up your access.

Good luck

Beetee

"To convince a man against his will he'll be of the same opinion still" Robert Burns 1759-1796

Swift Elegance 645 towcars Audi A6 Allroad 320horses,