Servicing Query - Newbie!

CMS

Hello, bought my first caravan July last year and have so far been out 2 outings ? with Easter weekend now booked too.

First question i have. . it was fully serviced before i collected from dealer. Should i have it serviced again before the start of this season, or is there 'smaller' checks that can be done after it being in storage since October?

Thanks!

Claire :unsure:

Annual service can be / should be at the anniversary - so July in your case.

If it's under warranty be wary about going over actual dates.

• Like 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Annual service can be / should be at the anniversary - so July in your case.

If it's under warranty be wary about going over actual dates.

If it's still within its manufacturers water ingress warranty period, it needs to be the anniversary of its original sale date, which, if you bought used is probably different.

I had to have mine serviced in January, even though I had bought it at less tha 24 months old, in August, for that very reason.

• Like 1

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

I don't know if you're a 'handy' person but if your caravan is 15 years old and out of warranty, you can do most jobs yourself, especially if you read up on it a bit.

https://www. amazon. co. uk/d/Books/Caravan-Manual-John-Wickersham/1844256782/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487745369&sr=1-1&keywords=caravan+manual

There really isn't that much that the average person couldn't do but I would say that unless you're competent I would get a professional to check out the brakes and gas system for you.

I would also recommend changing the tyres if they are over 6 years old (even if they look ok), if you look at the side wall you will find a 4 digit number, the first 2 numbers are the production week (01-52) and the second 2 numbers are the production year.

• Like 2

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thats good to know, thank you for this. Im going to wake him up today so i will have a look for this as i was told the tyres would be renewed when i bought from dealer. . but you never know!

Claire :unsure: