Inflating Tyres With Internal Tyrepal Sensors

HenryB

I have a 2016 Bailey Pegasus Rimini that is factory fitted with internal Tyrepal sensors. The tyres need to be inflated to 60 psi. My Michelin pump will only inflate to 50 psi and my very old pump has given up. I purchased a Halfords high power 12 v pump but found the screw on connector was loosing air between the screw on section and the static section thus reducing the tyre pressure instead of inflating it. I took it back to Halfords thinking it was faulty and they exchange it. The new one is doing the same thing. The Tyrepal valve looks very different from a standard car tyre valve and it seems to me that the pump connector cannot screw on far enough to stop air escaping. Can any of you that have the same valves on their caravan tyres let me know if you have an electric pump that inflates them without this problem as I can't keep buying pumps in the hope that one will work.

• Like 1

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

I have a 2016 Bailey Pegasus Rimini that is factory fitted with internal Tyrepal sensors. The tyres need to be inflated to 60 psi. My Michelin pump will only inflate to 50 psi and my very old pump has given up. I purchased a Halfords high power 12 v pump but found the screw on connector was loosing air between the screw on section and the static section thus reducing the tyre pressure instead of inflating it. I took it back to Halfords thinking it was faulty and they exchange it. The new one is doing the same thing. The Tyrepal valve looks very different from a standard car tyre valve and it seems to me that the pump connector cannot screw on far enough to stop air escaping. Can any of you that have the same valves on their caravan tyres let me know if you have an electric pump that inflates them without this problem as I can't keep buying pumps in the hope that one will work.

My Michelin pump copes adequately with the van tyres up to 60 psi which have Tyrepal sensors fitted.

Ian

My Michelin pump copes adequately with the van tyres up to 60 psi which have Tyrepal sensors fitted.

Ian

My OE electric pump in my VW copes fine with tyres with internal TPMS sensors - the external Tyrepal sensors on the caravan need to be removed anyway to increase/adjust the pressure.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

All Schrader valves used on vehicle wheels have the same thread dimensions including TPMS. Pump connectors usually have an internal pin that opens the spring loaded valve when screwed on or clipped on.

Regardless of type when the pump connector is screwed on securely it should form an airtight tight seal so it seems yours are opening the valve but not sealing for some reason.

BTW the Halfords/Michelin pump gets some poor reviews on their website. http://tinyurl. com/hguw8d3