• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning.
    Mending caravan.
    Being retired.
  • Towcar:LR Discovery 4 SDV6 XS
  • Caravan:2017 Commodore

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:12 pm

Well we had a good look at our seat cushions today and after the 90 days out i referred to, i cant say there is any visual sign of permanent deformation/compression. Yes, we do feel they "dish" in use but they do come back up ok. So i really cant say i have a legitimate complaint at the moment. With regard to the bed, the Duvalay Gold topper means we don't have issues with the Ozio unit underneath.

Perhaps we are just lucky?

#682 Durbanite

Durbanite

Ian

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts
  • Towcar:Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Caravan:Buccaneer Cruiser 2016

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:34 pm

Well we had a good look at our seat cushions today and after the 90 days out i referred to, i cant say there is any visual sign of permanent deformation/compression. Yes, we do feel they "dish" in use but they do come back up ok. So i really cant say i have a legitimate complaint at the moment. With regard to the bed, the Duvalay Gold topper means we don't have issues with the Ozio unit underneath.

It could also be that you are a featherweight in comparison to us well built handsome chaps.  LOL!  :D

• simon645 and GB1309 like this

#683 gmc15

gmc15

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:05 pm

Is the Duvalay Gold shaped to fit the mattress? Where do you get them from? We are getting a Schooner and would be interested in a topper.

Graeme.

• GB1309 likes this

#684 GB1309

GB1309

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
    Mending caravan.
    Being retired.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:28 pm

Is the Duvalay Gold shaped to fit the mattress? Where do you get them from? We are getting a Schooner and would be interested in a topper.
Graeme.

Yes it is. Got it from the show last year. Fitted the Caravel and now the Commodore. It does have the tendency to walk down the mattress which is a bit annoying but its a very comfortable thing. About £150 i think.
  • gmc15 likes this

#685 Durbanite

Durbanite

Ian

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:25 am

Graeme.

We would never ever deal with Duvalay again after our last experience.  We bought our shaped topper from Jonic however our previous topper was bought from a shop and then cut to fit.  That one cost us about £70 and lasted 10 years.

#686 GB1309

GB1309

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
    Mending caravan.
    Being retired.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:34 am

Interesting. We bought a whole bedding set from Jonic for our twin bed Clipper, very nice if expensive. However the quilts were so narrow they only touched the mattress when we breathed out!
  • simon645, Sparkie240 and CraigP2005 like this

#687 6206greg

6206greg

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • Interests:golf
  • Towcar:2017 VW transporter 4 motion
  • Caravan:2017 Bucc. Cruiser

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:09 pm

well, we are almost 6 months in to our cruiser ownership and not had to make a single Phone call to the dealer other than recall on the sky light which we haven't had done yet, and to be honest there doesn't seem anything wrong it.

Other than the wife cracking the worktop it all seems a bit too good to be true, Touch Wood and all that.

• IanV8, simon645, GB1309 and 1 other like this

#688 GB1309

GB1309

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
    Mending caravan.
    Being retired.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:46 pm

Thanks for the prompt Greg. Ours is in today for a couple of minor fixes and i completely forgot about the Skylight checks.
My dealer hasn't replaced any valances yet as any affected are waiting till end of season or service. I've asked them to dress ours out round the A frame and glue on some strengthening strips. Better i think than replacement.
They are also sealing the back of the sink unit upstand with clear silicone. I see they changed the design to have a metal strip at the bottom of the upstand but that won't help as its not sealed either. Doh!
  • 6206greg likes this

#689 Sparkie240

Sparkie240

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Towcar:VW Touareg R Line
  • Caravan:Buccaneer 2016 Cruiser

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:15 pm

Will all of you going to the open day ask them what they are doing to fix the cushion problems.

Thanks Ian

ps Happy birthday Graham, same age as me.

On the Buccaneer Caravans Group on Facebook I posted a question about the Ozio cushions and was quite surprised at the number of people who had similar issues with the Ozio rubbish from Leisure Furnishings.  Not sure why Elddis are still using them if Elddis are getting such large numbers of complaints about the furnishings.  BTW when we were going to send our seat cushion away for repair I was told the turnaround time was up to six weeks!  In the end we rejected the caravan but mainly for other reasons.

Hi Sparkie240,  could you please let us know what excuse Elddis give you regarding the cushions on your factory visit on Sunday, thanks

Well folks as promised, went the the open day yesterday and popped the question to one of the Elddis reps and talk about avoiding a question, I got nothing but bull**** very disappointing must be the way we're sitting on the cushions, Leisure Furnishings have now changed the type of foam they are using does that mean they have changed it 5 times IanV8? 

Good day out at the open day and good turn out, the Buccaneer section was very busy and when we visited the Barracuda and listened to some of the comments people were talking about, split decision I suppose its the same with any van, after having our Cruiser or 18 months and ordering a Commodore for March delivery there is a couple of things I don't like on the 2018 Commodore 1/ lost some cupboard space in the kitchen. 2/ the outside locker behind the kitchen area, I think they could have used the full area in the new bullnose cupboard better ie fitted pull out full length wire drawers. 

• simon645 and GB1309 like this

#690 alistairr

alistairr

Over 100 posts

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Interests:WW2 Bomber history, BBMF & chilling out in Woodhall Spa
  • Towcar:Jeep Grand Cherokee 3. 0 CRD Overland
  • Caravan:Buccaneer Cruiser 2017

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:59 pm

. ..popped the question to one of the Elddis reps and talk about avoiding a question, I got nothing but bull**** very disappointing.. .

Totally as expected. Last year I introduced myself to RQ, who totally blanked me. That was before I even mentioned anything. Damn nearly cancelled my order purely on those grounds, and I wish I had. You live and learn.

• GB1309 and Sparkie240 like this

#691 smino0_1

smino0_1

Over 500 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Interests:anything rc,my car n caravan
  • Towcar:65 volvo xc60 2.4 d5 se lux nav awd geartronic
  • Caravan:2016 Buccaneer Cruiser

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:55 am

jonic sound good but £35 on top for delivery and 28 days.turned me off straight away.?

#692 IanV8

IanV8

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:01 am

They certainly changed the foam on mine inbetween sets 2 & 3 because they were firmer at first but still went the same way.

Ian

#693 GB1309

GB1309

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
    Mending caravan.
    Being retired.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:27 pm

Positive news:

Got it back today, all fixed.

Valance clearances adjusted and fractured areas milled out. Edges dressed with sealant to prevent further cracking and foam spacer/packer layer introduced between A frame cover and bottom of valance to dampen any vibration. A good idea of their's I think and far less risky than replacing valance which would involve hot plastic welding or reverting to visible mechanical fixings.

Kitchen splash-back removed to sort blind (I hadn't actually asked for this to be done) which factory had installed at an annoying skew, refitted with clear sealant at the bottom to prevent water ingress. New draining board ordered.

Cracked rail capping on rear lower N/S replaced and sealant done properly on both sides of van.

We now have 100% serviceabilty!

I'm pleased to commend Phil and the workshop team at Pearman-Briggs for a good job well done.

GB.

• simon645, Sparkie240 and pete260 like this

#694 stattam

stattam

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Towcar:Mercedes E350 CDI AMG Est 9sp Auto
  • Caravan:Elddis Crusader Tempest EB

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:07 pm

Phil is a good bloke. Shame the boss isn't up to the same standard. But would recommend Pearman Briggs.
  • GB1309, Durbanite and Sparkie240 like this

#695 GB1309

GB1309

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
    Mending caravan.
    Being retired.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:59 pm

Phil is a good bloke. Shame the boss isn't up to the same standard. But would recommend Pearman Briggs.

Martyn, O/C the Gloucester site has also been very fair with us.

I think I know who you mean though. :-)

• simon645 likes this

#696 stattam

stattam

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Towcar:Mercedes E350 CDI AMG Est 9sp Auto
  • Caravan:Elddis Crusader Tempest EB

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:17 pm

Martin is a good bloke too and Sue on reception. "The Boss" must be a good business man though as he attracts good staff.
  • GB1309 likes this

#697 Durbanite

Durbanite

Ian

• Caravan Talk Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:20 pm

Martin is a good bloke too and Sue on reception. "The Boss" must be a good business man though as he attracts good staff.

This is the same boss that cancelled our order for a Cruiser because I dare to ask about front and rear panels cracking on the Buccaneers!  No issue with Martyn or Phil who were very helpful.

• GB1309 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users