5 replies to this topic

#1 Eriba320

Eriba320

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:53 pm

Adaptive cruise control, predictive braking (not to be used whilst towing) very stable in windy conditions and at motorway speeds. It has very good all round visibility, nice driving position. Seats very supportive, controls are all reachable, especially if like me you have short arms. Reversing camera is excellent for reversing to the van, and parking sensors front and back makes it a doddle to park. Very tight turning circle. Boot is good, I am able to get my porch awing sideways in the boot. All round disk brakes with Hill descent assist available if required.

Click here to view the towcar review
  • Tuningdrew likes this

#2 Tuningdrew

Tuningdrew

Over 500 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, historic motorsport, my dogs.
  • Towcar:2014 Kia Sorento KX-2
  • Caravan:2016 Swift Conqueror 645

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:38 am

This might well be a contender for when the Sorento goes back at the end of next year as we'll be using the Navara as towing barge. My only concern is whether the ride is choppy fore n aft. We had a Jimny for a while, great little car, would run rings round Land Rovers off road but on road the ride could be best described as pitching from front to back or as I call it 'choppy', We nearly had an SX4 a while back but beloved struggled with the gearchange.

Nice review by the way!

• Eriba320 likes this

#3 Eriba320

Eriba320

Over 100 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:45 pm

I am a big fan of Suzuki, I have had four Jimnys which were fantastic off road, however because of its small wheel base on tarmac they were a bit like flying a Tiger moth biplane. The new Vitara is miles away from the choppy Jimny ride, they handle more like small hatchback with very little roll into the corners and no pitching front and back.

#4 onewheelonmywagon

onewheelonmywagon

Best Before Date 01.01.1970

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts
  • Towcar:D4
  • Caravan:Fleetwood Heritage 560-4

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:23 am

A Jimny running rings round a Land Rover off road has got to be the best laugh of 2016 :D

#5 Tuningdrew

Tuningdrew

Over 500 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning, historic motorsport, my dogs.
  • Towcar:2014 Kia Sorento KX-2
  • Caravan:2016 Swift Conqueror 645

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:40 am

Try one, you'd be surprised how good they are off road, they only fall down if the ruts left by big cars get too deep and they bottom out.

#6 Ern

Ern

Over 1000 posts

• Approved Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • Interests:Europe travel.
    Living a long time.
  • Towcar:Volvo V70 SEL 2.4D Geartronic
  • Caravan:Swift Challenger

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:25 am

A Jimny running rings round a Land Rover off road has got to be the best laugh of 2016 :D

My son used to race off-roaders. He used RangeRover based vehicles. I have watched Suzuki Vitara's and Jimmy's perform way better than LandRovers across ground which I would only attempt with a tracked vehicle. Them little Suzi's are OK!
  • Eriba320 and Tuningdrew like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users