Longleat Safari Park Value For Money !

The Coachman

Just paid our first (and last) visit to Longleat Safari Park.

Even with seniors discount it cost us £57 for the two of us, ouch!

Value for money, well definitely not IMO.

I would rate the visit to Longleat House 8 out of 10

The Safari Jungle train ride, well I'm afraid 1 out of 10

The other small animal visits not much better at 3 out of 10. We have much better attractions at my local farm park in Ayrshire for a fraction of the cost.

I dread to think what was costing those with large families attending.

As for the drive through the Safari park itself it would be unfair to rate it as the weather by this time was rain. But we did spot two monkeys and some other various beasties.

At the prices they are taking I reckon the bus trip should be included. We walked in the rain up to the bus only to be told we required tickets available from customer services so just walked to the car and went through in it.

Food was very good and fairly priced but overall for a day out it was extremely expensive.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

Most days out are pretty expensive nowadays, especially for families.

We get value out of our National Trust & English Heritage Family memberships although we are both well retired it helps when we take the grandkids away - it's as good as a free day out as we use it all year round for ourselves as well.

Try Beaulieu Motor Museum. They also need a big bank loan to go in.

I agree with Matelodave in having NT membership and we get free EH membership from being a volunteer.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Are you a member of the CC? If so there are special deals for Club members on the Longleat website

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Niro HEV  for home.

Caravan Travels

Value for money, well definitely not IMO.

And sadly I've got to agree with you. I did the day trip from my site in Somerset just three or four weeks ago. Fortunately the weather was beautiful -but not so hot as to make the animals seek shade and sleep. Had my daughters and grandson arrived in time to join me the day would have cost me the thick end of £100 for the four of us. As it was I used some Tesco vouchers to cover my own admission charge. I've put pictures of the day in my blog.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We have membership of both CC & C & CC but would have needed to book online to get discount and we had no means of printing off the form.

We only decided to visit whilst on holiday in the area.

Better to stay in Scotland where most museums are FOC for entry but you can make a charitable donation.

We also have membership NT Scotland but that's no use in England I'm afraid.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

We also have membership NT Scotland but that's no use in England I'm afraid.

Oh yes it it. The NT has reciprocal agreement with various NT around the world one being NT Scotland whereby you can enter for free but still pay parking. Search on their site for it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Up until earlier this year, we had been annual members at Longleat. We only live 10 miles away. With 3 children this was quite expensive, and as Jaydug says, the tesco vouchers came in more than handy. We elected to join the NT, and agree that they can be used in Scotland.

I think the quality of some of the exhibits has detoriated over recent years, and also the offer has got worse. You used to be able to buy a passport which gave you access to everything. You also had 1 calendar year to use it. They changed this, so you ony have 1 day to use it, so you have to get in a full day to visit everything. At the height of summer this can mean long queues.

If you click on this link and watch during the day you can see many animals from Elephant, lion, buck etc come to this watering hole and it is a live broadcast. Bonus is that it costs you nothing and you will see a lot more than at any safari park in Britain or on the continent. Click on http://www. tembe. co. za/webcam. htm

• Like 1

If you click on this link and watch during the day you can see many animals come to this watering hole

Many thanks for the link. It's a fascinating video to watch. I look in several times each day.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

My beloved Ruth bought me a days photo experience for my birthday. Stayed at the CC site. Loved it. My ticket was all inclusive.

Personally, even if I paid for it I would consider it good value.

Regards
Ian

I can't speak for Longleat, but West Midland safari park, near Bewdley, is a great day out and good value.

We took our teenage girls there a couple of years ago and they're pestering to go back.

How does it feel?... to be without a home. .. like a complete unknown. .. like a rolling stone?

Many thanks for the link. It's a fascinating video to watch. I look in several times each day.

If you go to Youtube and do a search on MalaMala game reserve there are some very interesting clips plus my son is a professional guide at the camp. The one to watch is where lions take down a buffalo and then argue over the meal and while arguing the buffalo gets up and trots off. LOL! :D

I love longleat it does cost a lot . But I paid with Tesco points . Excellent value .

We have used Tesco vouchers for abbotsbury, and sudley castle . And Blenhiem palace . All amazing .

I love longleat it does cost a lot . But I paid with Tesco points . Excellent value .

We have used Tesco vouchers for abbotsbury, and sudley castle . And Blenhiem palace . All amazing .

We gave up shopping at Tesco years ago even though it si the closest supermarket to our location so that counts us out of using their points etc.