2017 Buccaneer Caravans

spoke to a dealer today and asked about delivery and price. week 38 is delivery. but wants £6k to change.

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

Will be in the dealer today so will have a look.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2022 Buccaneer Cruiser registered in 2023.

spoke to a dealer today and asked about delivery and price. week 38 is delivery. but wants £6k to change.

IMO don't think they are any better, and definitely not for 6k lol

Just been through this thread, don't think I've missed it. 2016 Crusier is internal 21' 2017 reports to be 21'10". Was at dealer yesterday collecting current Cruiser following a couple of minor warranty jobs. He says the extra 10" is not really noticeable, where is it? In the living area, or is it not really longer just measured a diffrent way?

Steve

• Like 1

Steve

RR & BC

think its supposed be measured at 3ft hieght for internal. so wheres the gain?

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

I was in my dealer yesterday and he will not get a Cruiser in until November.

He did have the new brochure which shows the new front and grey sides but with a white bit near the front.

Looks like the gas locker hinges are now part of the front grab handles but I don't know if it will improve the opening of the locker.

All the pictures in the brochure show the extra sticking out bit in the kitchen.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2022 Buccaneer Cruiser registered in 2023.

Aluminium sides are lighter than GRP. You find a large number of European manufacturers still will be aluminium for lightness .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

think its supposed be measured at 3ft hieght for internal. so wheres the gain?

I don't think there is a gain. Either the 2015/16 size quoted is shorter than the van really is or the 2017 size quoted is longer than the van really is. The external length quoted for the 2017 is an inch shorter.

I am away without the van this week so can't check.

Steve

Steve

RR & BC

another cutting corners. only 3 side repeaters down the sides. 2016 has 4.

Well ive just been in a affinity 2017 with the new long sky light (if thats what i can call it).its the same as the new cruiser and is approx 1ft wide and 3. 5ft long. look very narrow and no where near as much light. so will def give that a miss. would have given mine to my son and bought a new 2017 for us. but having second thoughts now with all the changes for the worse

Well ive just been in a affinity 2017 with the new long sky light (if thats what i can call it).its the same as the new cruiser and is approx 1ft wide and 3. 5ft long. look very narrow and no where near as much light. so will def give that a miss. would have given mine to my son and bought a new 2017 for us. but having second thoughts now with all the changes for the worse

I reckon you might be talking yourself into it. ...

• 4 weeks later...

we have just placed an order for the Buccaneer Galera its lovely, but ( why is there always a but ?) someone has pointed out that Buccaneer vans state that the warranty is invalid if you tow with a commercial :( just on the verge of buying a ford Ranger (or such like) to tow it with :(

Why do they put these things in the handbook that you don't receive until you collect the caravan ? surely something so important should be mentioned earlier :(

feeling stressed

www. justgiving. com/fundraising/TamiTurner

we have just placed an order for the Buccaneer Galera its lovely, but ( why is there always a but ?) someone has pointed out that Buccaneer vans state that the warranty is invalid if you tow with a commercial :( just on the verge of buying a ford Ranger (or such like) to tow it with :(

Why do they put these things in the handbook that you don't receive until you collect the caravan ? surely something so important should be mentioned earlier :(

feeling stressed

Contact them and check normally anything with 4-5 seats doesn't matter to them for warranty so double cab pickups or crew vans are fine but just drop them a line and they should email confirmation back. Looking at a galera ourselves if it only had 3 bunks I'd have ordered it already so the kids beds could be already made up.

Contact them and check normally anything with 4-5 seats doesn't matter to them for warranty so double cab pickups or crew vans are fine but just drop them a line and they should email confirmation back. Looking at a galera ourselves if it only had 3 bunks I'd have ordered it already so the kids beds could be already made up.

hubby has sent an email ! I hope so as I love the Galera but will cancel if they wont let us have the tug we want . Would rather lose £500 than 32k

We have triple bunks at the mo but as my eldest 2 no longer come with us we are going for the double bunk as the girls will be able to sit up in their beds .

Edited by bobsbabes
  • Like 2

hubby has sent an email ! I hope so as I love the Galera but will cancel if they wont let us have the tug we want . Would rather lose £500 than 32k

We have triple bunks at the mo but as my eldest 2 no longer come with us we are going for the double bunk as the girls will be able to sit up in their beds .

You'll be fine I did the same thing with our bailey towing with a vito crew van just got a polite email back saying it was fine to tow with and no effect on warranty. Our third is due later this year so need the extra bed.

• Like 1

congratulations xx

You'll be fine I did the same thing with our bailey towing with a vito crew van just got a polite email back saying it was fine to tow with and no effect on warranty. Our third is due later this year so need the extra bed.

Edited by bobsbabes
  • Like 1

Re the Galera currently deliberating. .. Had the rail for the dinette table fallen off on the one you viewed? Happened to both our Tempests and the Galera and Avante with the same layout we viewed at the weekend. ... Not a good start for us.

Where did you view them ? wasn't Raymond James was it ? We viewed the Avante at Clwyd Caravans and it was attatched . Did you fix the rail ? if so how or did you return it to be fixed by your dealer?

Also if you are looking a Galera the lead time is already mid March . ...

Re the Galera currently deliberating. .. Had the rail for the dinette table fallen off on the one you viewed? Happened to both our Tempests and the Galera and Avante with the same layout we viewed at the weekend. ... Not a good start for us.

Edited by bobsbabes

Raymond James, yes. They have quoted Feb but that could just be heresay.

We returned ours to the dealer and they drilled through the outside wall whilst trying to repair, hence I ended up buying a further 2013 model to replace it!

Congrats on your new purchase by the way!

• Like 1

Raymond James, yes. They have quoted Feb but that could just be heresay.

We returned ours to the dealer and they drilled through the outside wall whilst trying to repair, hence I ended up buying a further 2013 model to replace it!

Congrats on your new purchase by the way!

thought it might have been its where we saw the Galera and thought it was pants that it had detatched . Raymond James told us Feb but the dealer from Clywd rang whilst I was in the showroom to be told mid march Thanks . . we were really pleased not so sure now !

Edited by bobsbabes

Sorry matey, its not been enough to put us off hence we are considering the Galera. Its by far the best family caravan.

• Like 1

Wife is very sweet on Galera. It's hard to see 10k over the avante 866 or compass 866. .. or 10k over a U. K. Spec Hobby. ..

Also, very concerned about some of the feedback to be read on this forum from owners, albeit 2015-2016 owners . ..

It's a proper family caravan though.

Kenzo.

Wife is very sweet on Galera. It's hard to see 10k over the avante 866 or compass 866. .. or 10k over a U. K. Spec Hobby. ..

Also, very concerned about some of the feedback to be read on this forum from owners, albeit 2015-2016 owners . ..

It's a proper family caravan though.

Kenzo.

I know what you mean about the 10k but hubbies money and he wanted the higher spec he thinks its worth it so it is iyswim

I think what every make van you get you always get those that have issues x

• Like 1

it is the only van on the market that is of a higher spec( executive ? will it make us high class campers that don't eat beans ?... nah :) )

Sorry matey, its not been enough to put us off hence we are considering the Galera. Its by far the best family caravan.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.