Advice On Buying A Caravan With No Warranty From A Private Seller

aliandsas

Can't for the life of me understand the "walk away" brigade without knowing the price!

At the right price it would be well worth the risk, but the price does have to be right!

Indeed, the original poster is already thinking of buying it and its what they want, they need to do due diligence as they say and make an informed decision.

• Like 2

All opinions have been helpful thank you. Bailey said that they would "look to" reinstate the warranty, but on balance of all other factors we have decided to leave it.

• 3 weeks later...

We've recently viewed a 2015 caravan that is for sale with a private seller. We love the van, and are happy with the price but the only issue is that the current owner hasn't had it serviced. It's now 5 months over the due date for the first service, and as I understand it, this means that the manufacturers warranty is now invalid. Both the seller and I have contacted Bailey to check this, but we haven't had a response yet.

At the moment we are not going ahead with the purchase but are looking for a way around it. We are considering asking the seller to have it serviced, then as long as all is in order, proceeding to buy it. We realise that it is our choice whether to take this risk or not, but just wondered what other people's opinions are? I'm sure this can't be the first time that such a situation has arisen?

Thanks.

Last week there was a Bailey Unicorn Cadiz on eBay located, it had been relisted twice, but received no bids £15,900

2023 Suzuki Across Hybrid and 2016 Swift Conqueror 480 HT

• 2 weeks later...

just to throw my pennys worth into the mix, i would not have a problem buyng it so long as the seller got a service and i got a damp check prior to purchase.

IMHO based upon my dealings with dealers, the warranty isnt worth anything past the first year. DEalers and manufacturers both try to get out of warranty claims.

Better to find a good independent person to service and fix the van.

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5