2014 Pastiche 565/4

Tigerfish

I bought this van new in September 2014. So probably one of the last of the "Heavy" vans.

Generally fairly happy with the van after 7 years with a 520/4 VIP before.

The concept of twin single bunks was very attractive although in practise the bunks are a bit narrow and I have been known to fall out! Much to my own amusement. But a couple of inches more width would have helped!

By far my biggest gripe is the rather daft concealed high level lighting, which works fine in respect of being adjustable for brightness levels. But is independent one side to the other but for the entire length of the van. So if the OH wants to go to bed early which she tends to do, but then complains that the lighting is still on in the bedroom because I want it on in the lounge area. Why on earth did Coachman not split the circuit fore & aft and not Port & Starboard ?

TF

The Lounge and bedroom lighting is separate on my new VIP! :rolleyes:

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

Ah! Well at least they listened. I phoned them last year and complained and they admitted it was an error, but apparently the wiring loom is one piece and cannot afterwards be modified to make a major change. You can add extra sockets etc but not change the entire set up.

Oh well either the OH will have to get used to having the light on or I will have to watch the TV with just the reading lights on.

Its still a good van!

TF

You could buy her an eye mask. .. :)

Coachman Laser 875 . BMW X5 30D xDrive M Sport (G05)

We use our 520/4 as single beds and OH often goes to bed before me. I turn all the main lights out and find that the spot light above where I sit is all I need.

Edited by Glen and Les

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Tigerfish

My VIP had the same complaint as yours i spoke with a vehicle spark and had him modify the lights i now have lights that can all be switched on indepedently. That is n/s/f,o/s/f & rear bedroom area this is not a big job it only took him 3 minutes to complete so a quick word with you local spark should cure your problem cst me £10.

Hope this helps

Beetee

"To convince a man against his will he'll be of the same opinion still" Robert Burns 1759-1796

Swift Elegance 645 towcars Audi A6 Allroad 320horses,

Thanks for that BWT, guess what I'll be doing when I come back from holiday! I could not understand the design concept of the lighting - great to hear that a modification is easily accomplished. Thanks for the info.

Thanks from me too!

TF

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.