New Van - 1St Weekend On Our Own

higgy66

Well we collected our new caravan on the 9th April and had our first weekend away the following week.

Friends of ours came away with us and they were pitched next door and sat ready and waiting when we got there to help set up - I have to say this was an absolute godsend as it was dark, pouring down with rain so us girls sat sipping champagne while the boys set up camp!

As a camper born and bred this was a big change for us and when I woke up on the Saturday morning I had the biggest grin on my face. It was toasty warm and I could go to the loo without opening several zips and putting coats and wellies on etc

The weather was fab and by 9. 30 we were walking the dog around a fishing lake and life was great.

It's the bank holiday this weekend so can't wait for the longer break but a bit nervous about going solo. Shame the new awning has been delayed so that will have to wait to add more pressure to the setting up!!

We only have two weekends at home between now and mid Sept as we've booked sites for all the others to make the most of it. We've even booked the whole of August on one site so between us the girls can have a month away and hubby and I will commute when it's out time to work. A shock for me to have to travel an hour to work as it usually takes 5 mins but it will be worth it and it's only 9 days out of the 31 nights!

I wanted to say that this site has been invaluable before we even set off as I got so many tips and advice from seasoned travellers

Can't wait to spend the new few months perfecting the setting up etc and discovering more of the UK

We all loved our first adventure but I have to say the one who was absolutely overjoyed was the dog - I think he was in heaven - lots and lots of walks and sleeping with us all in one place!!

• Like 2

So glad you enjoyed your first trip in the caravan. We too have had our first trip this weekend just gone,having always been campers like yourself. We were up at Serenity site in Hinderwell. There is nothing like being toasty warm while it is cold and wet and rainy outside. Can't wait for our next trip x

• Like 2

Converted from tenting to caravanning 45 years ago. Never looked back and the dogs enjoy it to. Enjoy your new hobby and have many happy holidays.

• Like 1

Glad it is all working out and wish you many happy years in your van. Of course once you have seen a bit of the UK there is always Europe to try out.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

pouring down with rain so us girls sat sipping champagne while the boys set up camp!

It's such hard work this caravanning isn't it?

Still glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope this is the first of many :)

Gordon.

Hi Higgy66,I see you have a special van from Wandahome Caravans. How did you find your dealings with them as I am thinking of buying 1 of their vans as well.

As a camper born and bred this was a big change for us and when I woke up on the Saturday morning I had the biggest grin on my face. It was toasty warm and I could go to the loo without opening several zips and putting coats and wellies on etc

Its many years since I spent a night in a tent, but I still enjoy the feeling of being warm & dry when its poring outside, even better when its snowing! :)

Hi Higgy66,I see you have a special van from Wandahome Caravans. How did you find your dealings with them as I am thinking of buying 1 of their vans as well.

Hi Mr P, I ordered a van on the 11th Jan and hopefully pick it up on the 24th June, apparently a very well loved model

I have chosen

• Like 1

Ray

I can not fault the team there. We actually ordered the Van Sept 15 to be delivered the end of Jan 16 but we decided to delay delivery until mid April and they were absolutely fine about it

On the day of delivery we could have 7% off accessories from the Shop on site but we had been given the heads up about that so we pre-ordered all our stuff over a couple of visits so it was all waiting for us on pick up day rather than have to think on our feet on the day. We needed everything so that was really useful to be able to take our time.

The hand over was excellent and they explained everything and answered our many questions without laughing at us obviously being novices!!

Can't comment regarding after sales if there's a problem but touch wood I won't have to.

• Like 2

I can not fault the team there. We actually ordered the Van Sept 15 to be delivered the end of Jan 16 but we decided to delay delivery until mid April and they were absolutely fine about it

On the day of delivery we could have 7% off accessories from the Shop on site but we had been given the heads up about that so we pre-ordered all our stuff over a couple of visits so it was all waiting for us on pick up day rather than have to think on our feet on the day. We needed everything so that was really useful to be able to take our time.

The hand over was excellent and they explained everything and answered our many questions without laughing at us obviously being novices!!

Can't comment regarding after sales if there's a problem but touch wood I won't have to.

Thanks for that. You read all sorts of things re different dealers and it is nice to hear from someone who has actually bought. I am going next month to have a look at the Corniche 20/4 based on the Challenger.

I like the sound of that higgy, roll on June

Ray

It's such hard work this caravanning isn't it?

Still glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope this is the first of many :)

Gordon.

Harder work for you Gordon ? . .... hit the self level button and push the slides out button, plug in EHU. ... Push out electric awning button . ....Set up chairs and open a can of beer and relax .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .