Are Coachman Visions Built To Usual Quality Standard?

Flag of Wessex

Where are you getting your info from please? Any news on other changes for 2017 - Pastiche/VIP?

Was going for the 380, rang a dealer to enquire and was given that info. Not yet press released. Going for the 450 dealer quoted 15. 5k . .. Good price over rrp.

Only interested in 380 so didnt enquire about others.

Edited by Upyonder
  • Like 1

Everything goes to Entropy . ......... In this world.

Happy days, more brass in our investment than we thought so its a Pastiche 470 now.

Happy days, more brass in our investment than we thought so its a Pastiche 470 now.

Oooo, that's the layout with the fixed bed up front - very different, but bold on Coachman's behalf.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Oooo, that's the layout with the fixed bed up front - very different, but bold on Coachman's behalf.

Apologies, got too excited, its the 460 and we will have the wrap around and not the drawers at the front.

• Like 1

Apologies, got too excited, its the 460 and we will have the wrap around and not the drawers at the front.

Will it be a 2016 or 2017 model? I'm really curious to see what changes, if any, are being made to the Pastiche for 2017.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Thought this was interesting and may help answer the thread title.

Check out the Alko Test track video,

https://www. coachman. co. uk/videos

Watch it shake :)

Edited by Upyonder

I bought one of the very last "Heavy" Coachman 565/4 Pastiche's in September 2014. It was manufactured in June of that year.

In the main it has been fault free so far, my only niggles are with one design fault and 2 poor equipment choices.

The design fault lies with the lovely concealed roof lighting which is adjustable so as to allow you to set the level as you like it!

The problem is that for some reason they chose that year to split it left from right. So one side or the other or both sides on if you prefer. The control switches are located on the front quarter panels. The problem is that the lighting on each side carries through to the sleeping area as well as the living area. So if my wife has gone to bed early and I am staying up watching TV she complains that the lights are on in the bedroom, - so I have to switch the lights off in the living area to allow her to sleep. I can use the reading lights but that is not the point, they should have split the circuit front & rear not side to side. I believe they corrected it in 2015!

The equipment fault is in the radio choice! My previous Coachmen had very good Sony's fitted, This one has a Pioneer. It works fine, but you cannot properly switch it off! You can partially, - so that no sound or stations are selected but the front display remains illuminated and flashing in a garish red display. You either have to close the wooden cover over it, or take the front off the entire set. my final complaint is about the TV aerial that was fitted for that year only. It is a single spike type aerial and about as much good as a chocolate Tea pot. It works well in excellent reception areas, and as long as I have switched off and powered down my O2 iPhone 5s. Otherwise the TV suffered from dreadful pixellation. Again I understand that that aerial was only fitted for that one year.

Build quality of the rest of the van is good.

I have never expected my front locker to be water proof on any van I have owned. Their design and exposed location at the front of the van when under tow, means that water will always get in!

TF

Edited by Tigerfish

. .......This one has a Pioneer. It works fine, but you cannot properly switch it off! You can partially, - so that no sound or stations are selected but the front display remains illuminated and flashing in a garish red display. .......

TF

Sounds like the unit is in "Demo Mode" see if there's a setting to switch it off in the menu?

It'll be something like this. http://www. pioneerelectronics. com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/How+do+I+turn+off+Demo+Mode+on+the+DEH-150MP

You can switch off the demo mode. However the Pioneer has a quite complicated set-up, I couldn't even attempt to explain how to do it.

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

• 2 weeks later...

We have had five Coachman vans over a 25 year period, yes,they have had their problems, the main reason we have bought Coachman vans is that their back up service is excellent, if your van has to be returned to Hull, you will get a call from Trevor Baxter who will request a three week window, one week to collect,week two to fix, and week three to return the van to our dealer.

Now you cannot ask for a better service than that, I have heard of horrendous waiting times re Bailey and Swift, and that is the reason our next van will be a Coachman

I am not entirely impressed with both dealer or manufacturer up to yet, I reported a fault same day as I got my 2016 vision wanderer lux home, and still waiting for the repair to be carried out, and that was the 24th June, but Coachman factory has been on holiday for two or three weeks,

Ray

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.