Coachman Festival Awning Light

Paul Willers

Hi, I've just bought a coachman caravan and need some advise please, I can't get the awning light to work using the remote control, it works fine off the switch above the door but nothing from the remote, I really don't want to drag it back to glossops for such a small issue, does anyone have any advise to help get it working please??? Thanks.

Have you checked the 12v Aux fuse?

We had the same problem whilst away last week only to find the fuse had blown. Worth a try

KB

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Or the battery in the remote??

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi, thanks for the replies, we're away in the caravan this weekend so I'll have a look for the fuses, remote battery seems fine as it works the alarm and the fob light, I've tried both fobs and neither turn the awning light on, was wondering if it could be a faulty receiver or relay?? (Is there a relay??) thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, the awning light works perfectly fine when I use the switch above the door, I checked the fuse panel and all the fuses seem ok, do all coachman caravans have a remote light or could mine just not be an option?? Thanks

Hi, we have a 2014 coachman festival and I've just checked the awning light. It works off the remote if the main switch is on but not otherwise so would be fine when you're actually using the caravan. Previously we had a 2010 Pastiche and the awning light worked without the main switch being on and would light for a few minutes when the alarm was set. That was helpful so I don't know if we just have a lower spec or if it's a change to prevent you accidentally draining your battery.

Jo

Thanks Jo, we're going away in caravan this weekend so I'll try turning the awning light on with the switch above the door and see if the remote does anything then, thanks again!!

Hi Paul,

just to clarify, by main switch i mean the one you turn on on the main panel rather than the actual awning light; the master switch is probably what i should have said!,

jo

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.