This Is A First!

staffordshirechina

Wow!! I didn't realise there was so many hang up's about people watching. I personally couldn't give a hoot!! If I am entertaining someone and making them smile I take that as a positive rather than a negative. There is too much anger in this world as it is.

Edited by Digger_07
  • Like 1

That's one thing I dislike about CC sites. It always feels as if someone is watching from behind a curtain and tutting if you do something different to themselves.

. . . And they usually are. :unsure:

Sorry I must have miss read the OP - I will read it again. You ask 'what do you think comes out of the thing' From our cassette comes fluid because we use a chemical to degrade the contents. May be you don't use a chemical in which case I understand your statement.

Alan

Please, for the thousands of us with the unpleasant task of emptying the cassette, tell us what fluid you use. If there is something that makes poo into non-poo, I want to know. Clearly, the biggest selling brand is not doing it for me. Or do I need to visit the doctor. .. Edited by Samtheman
  • Like 1

If at first you don't succeed. ... redefine success.

Just to make it clear I am not anti dog. I have two cockapoos and organise local dog walks. Always pick up after my dogs and often after other peoples dogs.

Anyway my comment was never meant to stir up those who get precious over going off topic and apologise for any offence.

Still think it's funny that some are embarrassed by the trip to the Disposal Point. Even funnier that some don't like talking about it either. :)

• Like 3

Please, for the thousands of us with the unpleasant task of emptying the cassette, tell us what fluid you use. If there is something that makes poo into non-poo, I want to know. Clearly, the biggest selling brand is not doing it for me. Or do I need to visit the doctor. ..

We use Cheap "Bio Liquid" And empty everyday no Lumps :D

Plenty of people empty the loo container wearing gloves!

yep sure do!!

It's a horrible job. .......

Nah . . just a job . .

Edited by Disco Kid
  • Like 2

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

I always use disposable gloves when empting the loo, why do I want to risk getting any of it on my hands when there are means to protect them. It's a horrible job but has to be done.

And me

Personally I keep the disposable gloves provided at petrol stations, keep them in the cassette locker and use once and throw away . Why so much angst out there?

I must admit I haven't posted here for a long time because of snide comments.

Do what suits you, take advice or leave it, we are all here to help each other, please keep it nice. .......Peter

• Like 3

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

I empty our cassette toilet daily, as we both give it the full monty!!! Using it correctly should not make it an unpleasant job.

I don't use gloves for the purpose, but do thoroughly wash my hands with antibacterial gel afterwards.

If anyone finds it necessary for them to observe my daily visit to the chemical disposal point, then I do sympathise with them for their loss of infinitely more interesting things to do.

I empty ours every day.

I like to lick my fingers clean, it means if I get it wrong I have an extra incentive to get it right next time.

The above was a joke in case you didn't realise.

However, each to their own, I couldn't care less who does it in what.

• Like 2

Personally I keep the disposable gloves provided at petrol stations, keep them in the cassette locker and use once and throw away . Why so much angst out there?

I must admit I haven't posted here for a long time because of snide comments.

Do what suits you, take advice or leave it, we are all here to help each other, please keep it nice. .......Peter

What, you nick them from petrol stations, no wonder the price of fuel has not come down to what it should be. :D

For what it is worth the wife gets the water and I empty the loo with no gloves and wash hands well after. ... Another Peter

Had the unthinkable last weekend, pulled the cassette out to put in chemicals at which time my five year old decided to use the toilet. Safe to say I wish I had gloves for cleaning that up. ?

• Like 2

Had the unthinkable last weekend, pulled the cassette out to put in chemicals at which time my five year old decided to use the toilet. Safe to say I wish I had gloves for cleaning that up.

I have had nearly the same thing when the kids were younger. They went to the toilet but didn't flush and empty the bowl properly and then I came along and pulled the cassette out!!!!!! I try to remember to always check now - just in case!!!

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

Had the unthinkable last weekend, pulled the cassette out to put in chemicals at which time my five year old decided to use the toilet. Safe to say I wish I had gloves for cleaning that up.

We add the chemicals via the bowl from inside the caravan, that method stops us having your problem. ;)

We add the chemicals via the bowl from inside the caravan, that method stops us having your problem. ;)

Doing it that way isn't very good for the lip seal :(

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Doing it that way isn't very good for the lip seal :(

Elsan say it doesn't affect seals at all.

Don't know about others?

Edited by John W

Elsan say it doesn't affect seals at all.

Don't know about others?

Yep, never had a problem on two caravans over approx. 10 years.