Elddis Avante Magnum 2013

Does anyone know what the extra specs. are on a Magnum (Pearman Briggs Caravans) as

opposed to the basic Elddis Avante please? :)

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi,

We have a 2013 Magnum GT 576. Upgraded upholstery (Tivoli loose cushions + additional cylindrical bolsters for each end of the front dinette seating), BBQ point, awning warmer, external shower, Omnivent. Plus a lot of dealer promoting graphics (front and back panels + gas locker cover, most of which I have removed. Think that's it.

We have the van serviced by an approved mobile engineer, Pearman have so far been very good with warranty issues.

VW Passat B6 2. 0l TDI pulling '05 Lunar Quasar 524
'13 Elddis Avante 576 with iDC

Here's a copy of part of the brochure from 2013. Just a point of detail, the Magnum GT is Avante based. The Magnum is based on the Xplore.

Like Wozerp we removed the graphics that made it look like a dealer advertising billboard. Our experience of warranty issues has been somewhat different.

Things common to many of this year, and well documented on CaravanTalk, include cracked rear panel (replaced under warranty, by Premier Towing Centre), cracked gas locker and poor performance of TV Aerial.

Shame as it's a well designed and good looking caravan. Feel free to ask any other questions I may be able to help you with.

post-62028-0-41672200-1439795225_thumb.jpg

Edited by MillieDog

Thanks Wozzie and Millie,will check that out I pick it up tomorrow. ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Thanks Wozzie and Millie,will check that out I pick it up tomorrow. ;)

A couple of other thoughts.

Avante and Magnum GT's came with an Avtex TV as standard when new. Don't know if that is of any interest to you.

The heating was noisy, especially at night and if it's under your bed. Whale supplied (in fact they came to our house to fit) a silencing baffle which made a huge difference. I disconnected the awning warmer on their advice to make heating more efficient.

Part of the shower cubicle was replaced as it cracked around one of the screws.

Enjoy your new caravan. As I wrote above, they are well deigned and they look good. It tows well as well.

Edited by MillieDog

+1 re heating changes

Edited by Wozerp

VW Passat B6 2. 0l TDI pulling '05 Lunar Quasar 524
'13 Elddis Avante 576 with iDC

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.