2016 Coachman Info

stevew1

Just browsing the Coachman website & there is a link to the 2016 model year, the main headline is 70 kg lighter, new layouts, the Pastiche 470 looks interesting & there is advanced bonded construction

ABC which looks interesting, have a look & see what you think.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

The Vision range has been bonded construction since inception in 2014. The Pastiche from 2015, sharing the Vision construction method.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Looking on "Caravan Q jumper" Looks like the Pastiche Range now has Alde heating, and the wood veneers on the VIP range are a bit more subtle than the awful 2015 range. Can't see if they have ditched the Avtex aerial though.

Pete

2019 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD Inscription. Pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 575 fitted with Powertouch Mover

If they ditch the Avtex twig it will be interesting to hear what they say their reasons are!!

• Like 1

If they ditch the Avtex twig it will be interesting to hear what they say their reasons are!!

I still remember the 'we have total confidence in the aerial' waffle they told me when I spoke to them. So if changed to another aerial I fully expect it to be dressed up in some marketing nonsense if any reason is given.

Have just viewed the 2016 range on Pratical Caravan and the twig is no more on all models, which i think is pretty shabby treatment by Coachman to deny there was a problem with the avtex twig for 24 mths then replace it .

If they had any faith in the twig why replace it ?

Luckily we are all different

Have just viewed the 2016 range on Pratical Caravan and the twig is no more on all models, which i think is pretty shabby treatment by Coachman to deny there was a problem with the avtex twig for 24 mths then replace it .

If they had any faith in the twig why replace it ?

There will no doubt be a 'contractural' reason!

What have they replaced the twig with??? Pete

2019 Volvo XC60 D4 AWD Inscription. Pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 575 fitted with Powertouch Mover

Just had a look and it looks like the 'twigs' are still there to me. No obvious sign of any other type of aerial.

Here's a link, last picture of 520 looks like a status on right hand side of roof . ...

http://www. practicalcaravan. com/news/32094-clever-new-coachman-caravans-for-2016

Edited by Whatters55

Luckily we are all different

They look suspiciously like Status aerials to me Mallah.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Just browsing the Coachman website & there is a link to the 2016 model year, the main headline is 70 kg lighter, new layouts, the Pastiche 470 looks interesting & there is advanced bonded construction

ABC which looks interesting, have a look & see what you think.

Hi Steve . .. just looked but can't a link to the 2016 models . ..... Help . ....

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Hi Steve . .. just looked but can't a link to the 2016 models . ..... Help . ....

Pete

That's very strange, I've just been back on the Coachman site & I can't find it either, I wonder if it was released early & been withdrawn, maybe someone else on the site can help.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Hi Steve,on Whatters link you can see quite clearly they have changed to the directional. We have had the Avtex for nearly three years now on our Elddis van and still no signal or picture after having it replaced three times. Not fit for purpose.

They look suspiciously like Status aerials to me Mallah.

David

Maybe they'll do a recall David?

John :D

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Maybe they'll do a recall David?

John :D

John, I think we will die, holding our breath!!

David

• Like 1

What have they replaced the twig with??? Pete

I don't know what all the fuss is about, our "Stick" Ariel works a treat with our Avtex Tele, in fact I would go as far as it's the best ariel we have ever had in over 40 years, it works brilliantly in known poor sites reception

Les

A friend of ours has the Avtex aerial on his Elddis and after reporting it as rubbish, his dealer went through the wiring in the van and found that the connections hadn't been made "solid" enough. They redid everything and it's fine now. I think Avtex are getting a bad name here, when really it's down to the installation at the manufacturers.

• Like 2

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

If you look on the out and about website info on 2016 Coachman models it does say they have changed to status directional aerials.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

From the Out and about website.

Aerials

All Coachman models get new television aerials for 2016. These are the Status 570 models, with integrated AM, FM and DAB radio reception capability. They replace the Avtex aerials fitted to 2015 models.
John. :)
Edited by leedslad

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

So much has been written about the "twig", now they've ditched it, this must be an admission of a problem? OK, so some have had good results, but there must be a doubt - be it installation or whatever - so where does that leave us whose dealer reports "no issues"?

So much has been written about the "twig", now they've ditched it, this must be an admission of a problem?

That's a big assumption and probably wrong. Perhaps they now have a more favourable commercial deal with another supplier. Cost saving is a big thing in today's markets

Here's a link, last picture of 520 looks like a status on right hand side of roof . ...

http://www. practicalcaravan. com/news/32094-clever-new-coachman-caravans-for-2016

It does indeed, easier to see on laptop rather than phone!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an email from Coachman, New 2016 brochure is now available from their website.

Pete

• Like 1

Just had an email from Coachman, New 2016 brochure is now available from their website.

Pete

Yes, I just got the email too. The brochure confirms that the much criticised Avtex 'twig' aerial is to be replaced by a Status directional one.

John. :)

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.