Stolen Fridge

hodso

Tom, who do you insure with? - we are in a similar storage site to you.

Camping and caravan club. This is my second year with them and the premium went down :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm agog at the stuff that goes missing. But to actually SWAP stuff for broken things !!!!!. . . Well I'm speechless to say the least . . Is this a common thing? ( I'm new to caravanning and prob a bit wet behind the ears. . Prime target for the sneaky beggars!!)

What's the basic rules then ? What do others chain, lock up? And what with?. . . . ( BIG SIGH)

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

I'm agog at the stuff that goes missing. But to actually SWAP stuff for broken things !!!!!. . . Well I'm speechless to say the least . . Is this a common thing? ( I'm new to caravanning and prob a bit wet behind the ears. . Prime target for the sneaky beggars!!)

What's the basic rules then ? What do others chain, lock up? And what with?. . . . ( BIG SIGH)

I chain up anything of value. Honestly. I take a couple of long 10m plastic covered wire ropes and I run the rope through everything, even the water containers.

I have heard on other sites of people going around at night swapping faulty water containers and filler caps for others. ..

• Like 1

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I chain up anything of value. Honestly. I take a couple of long 10m plastic covered wire ropes and I run the rope through everything, even the water containers.

I have heard on other sites of people going around at night swapping faulty water containers and filler caps for others. ..

Thanks for the heads up . . It's saddening really isn't it . . .

I'm on it now scrolling through eBay!!!

I'm on it now scrolling through eBay!!!

I think I used these -->

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Onguard-Akita-Extra-Long-Lock-Extender-Anti-Theft-Coil-Cable-Bike-Cycle-Security-/311275236426?var=&hash=item4879732c4a

I used reasonably cheap combination locks that everyone in the family knows the code for. .. That way no issues with lost keys. They don't need to be super secure, it's just a case of making your stuff less attractive that the next caravan :)

Edited by dreadly
  • Like 2

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I think I used these -->

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Onguard-Akita-Extra-Long-Lock-Extender-Anti-Theft-Coil-Cable-Bike-Cycle-Security-/311275236426?var=&hash=item4879732c4a

I used reasonably cheap combination locks that everyone in the family knows the code for. .. That way no issues with lost keys. They don't need to be super secure, it's just a case of making your stuff less attractive that the next caravan :)

Those are the ones I found!!!

We have a good lock somewhere in the garage ( job for OH) so thanks for the advise

If I find myself chaining up the waste barrel, I'm giving up caravanning :o

THATS made me chuckle

These are a very expensive item, a friend of ours replaced the fridge in his Lunar Clubman last year, nearly £600. Only way in and out was through the front window which would explain the damage there.

I think I used these -->

Got one on the way. .. Edited by Styve100
  • Like 2